Old Shopping Center 1976

  • james8888oz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
      Just an FYI.
      I posted an old photo today in the Photos section of the Bodger Park group of the shopping center located at Prairie/Rosecrans taken in 1976 which shows, among other things, the old signs for both Safeway and Clark Drugs. Thought the group might find it of interest.
    • a a
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2011
        Great photo....I can taste the Clark's ice cream cone now!!!!!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
          Thanks for the photo.  I will add the photo to our on-going collection of the history of Hawthorne photos.
          NOTE If anyone has any old Hawthorne photos they want to share please contact contact me.  We accept both a hard and digital copy.  Hard copies will be scanned and the photo returned. In addition, if you have an artifacts you wish to donate we have a place in city hall to store these items until we have a museum in the city.
          Thanks,
          Danny Juarez
          CFO, Hawthorne Historical Society
          Mayor-Elect, City of Hawthorne