Curb painting

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
      Hi All, I just got home and on my door was a flyer about painting my address on the crub, AGAIN. I called City hall and was told that it's a DONATION only and you don't have to pay for it. And I'am not paying ! We make our donation to who WE want to donate too, not to someone i don't know about. Thank you for letting me vent to you all. Jim Radek  on144 st..
    • Higush Dear
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
        I agree.  Thanks for the research.  BTW, can you please resend the cherry picking email.  So cute and fun. I accidentally deleted it.

        Happy Thanksgiving to you and Kath.

        Higush Dear
        Dominium Management Corp.
        9629 Brighton Way
        Beverly Hills, California 90210
        (310) 275-9700, ext. 215
        (310) 274-1268, Fax

        On Nov 22, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Jim & Kathy Radek wrote:

        Hi All, I just got home and on my door was a flyer about painting my address on the crub, AGAIN. I called City hall and was told that it's a DONATION only and you don't have to pay for it. And I'am not paying ! We make our donation to who WE want to donate too, not to someone i don't know about. Thank you for letting me vent to you all. Jim Radek  on144 st..

      • Bulgatz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
          just recently it was $13.00 to paint the curb. Iam not going to make another donation for the curb painting either.

          Colleen Bulgatz
          ragtag1ecb@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
            Jim,

                 I completely agree, and you're welcome; feel free to vent any old time.    K.

          • jsls110@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
              Agreed...I called the city this afternoon inquiring, spoke to 4 different people, none knew what on Earth I was talking about. I assume I got the wrong office each time. Regardless, we're not paying $20.00 for a couple of minutes painting. It's not the money, it's the sneaky way they went about it.

              L Stewart

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2011
                Bodger Park Residents,
                This came up about six months ago over in another part of the city.  I spearheaded the change in the city policy relative to these businesses.  They indeed need to get a city business license.  However, before they paint the curb they MUST get permission from the homeowner.  If the homeowner agrees, then you pay for service rendered in the form of a donation.  Otherwise, if they do not ask, then DO NOT pay.  If someone could scan any documentation received and forward it to me, I will make sure that the Business License Department gets in contact with this business.
                If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
                Yours in public service,
                Danny Juarez, Mayor-Elect
                City of Hawthorne
                310.643.6139
                PS - Wishing all of our Bodger Park Families a Happy Thanksgiving....

                Hi All, I just got home and on my door was a flyer about painting my address on the crub, AGAIN. I called City hall and was told that it's a DONATION only and you don't have to pay for it. And I'am not paying ! We make our donation to who WE want to donate too, not to someone i don't know about. Thank you for letting me vent to you all. Jim Radek  on144 st..

              • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 23, 2011
                  Congratulations Mayor Juarez. I was one who voted for you and am hopeful that under your leadership, our city may improve in vitality, economy, sustainability, and livability. Hope you and yours have a great Thanksiving as well.

                  Patricia Hachiya, Bodger Park resident.

                  -----Original Message----- From: Jim & Kathy Radek <jimbokat@...> To: BodgerPark <BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tue, Nov 22, 2011 4:11 pm Subject: [BodgerPark] Curb painting

[...]

                • Lawren Freebody
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 23, 2011
                    My curb numbers have been over-painted. Right now there are so many layers of paint that the borders keep getting larger and are messy. This is a complete waste of assets. Two times ago they painted over the curb without my consent and it was the wrong number, so they painted it again. Then I got notice they were painting the curb yet AGAIN, but said to tape the notice on the curb if you didn't want it painted. So I did, somewhat concerned that my curb is yet again being painted. Now I have notice a year later (losing track, perhaps not that long) that they want to paint the curb again but there is nothing on the notice that says to tape it onto the curb if you don't want it painted. But I taped it on anyway, with the word "NO" in red marker pen.

                    Please, make it stop.

                    Lawren Freebody
                    3819 W. 144th St.