Re: [BodgerPark] Time Warner Cable

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      Katheryne,

           Thanks for writing.  I was just SO upset with them at that moment!  They had accepted my money at 3;28am but had not posted it yet.  As it turns out they didn't post it until the next day.  Just seems wrong to me.  Once you have taken my money then I get no more benefit of that money.  Lag time makes no sense.

           Do y'all now have Direct TV?  How is that different from Time Warner and what do y'all think of it?  What does it cost you compared to Time Warner?  Still no answer as to the corporate address for Time Warner.  Heck, maybe they're located in Hades.

           Again, thanks so much for responding.  I was so crazy that day, no matter who I called or what I did or said they blew me off.  Evil.  Thanks again, K.

      On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Katheryne Koelker <flyingbug@...> wrote:

      I suspect that Time Warner serves more than just this area (and more than cable).  We used to have them years ago, before we had Direct TV for the first time.
      Maybe this page will help.  http://www.timewarnercable.com/SoCal/support/default.ashx  There should be an address for complaints on the back of your bill.

      Failing that, try the state Public Utilities Commission (should be also on the back of the bill).  Sorry you're going through so much grief.

      Katheryne
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
        Direct TV (and Dish TV) is not cable--it's satellite, which means you'll have a dish hooked to the outside of the house.  You'll also have a box for each TV in the house (so everyone can watch what they like).  We had Time-Warner AGES ago, before Direct TV came out.  We switched because the cable rates kept going in one direction: UP.

        We've gone back and forth between Direct and Dish (depending on price and offer).  When we switched from Direct to Dish, Direct came and got their boxes, IIRC.  When we switched back to Direct, Dish had us disconnect the boxes and send them back.

        Both do carry special packages for movies, sports, etc.; these packages will cost you extra.  Also, the premium movie channels (Showtime, HBO, etc.) and non-local sports channels will cost you extra.  How much you pay for your service depends on how many channels you want.

        Lag time?  Yes, I think that, if you post on a weekend or Friday after a certain time, it might not be credited till next the next business day.  Same thing with the bank.  While you might not have any further use of the money, I don't think Time-Warner has any use of it, either.

        All the best!
        Katheryne

        Just a heads-up to everyone. I am having an issue with Time Warner and have spent a lot of time today on the phone and on-line with them. I wanted to get an address for their corporate offices so that I could write a complaint

        As it turns out, no one there knew where their corporate offices were. Huh?? I got a supervisor that I believe knew the address but wouldn't tell me.

        Does anyone know the address of Time Warner? The CORPORATE address, not the local one. Really can't believe that the nice folks that answer the phone for them don't know what city their corporation is in.

        I'm confused and angry. Thanks for any help, K.

      • Teresa Cicciarelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2011
          In a perfect world I think no matter which anyone has cable/satellite. It should be 1 price for all channels.
          It's not like they have to do anything each month to get our channels. All they have to do is click on a button  just one time..
          It all comes from the same satellite  in space.  Just thought I'd add my 2 cents  worth to the subject.
          Teresa Cicciarelli on 146Th. street