FW: EAA 96 Fly-In and Model Expo

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011

    From: rmartinez@...
    To: rmartinez@...
    Subject: FW: EAA 96 Fly-In and Model Expo
    Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:09:33 -0700

    Subject: Fwd: EAA 96 Fly-In and Model Expo

    ------------
    On Sunday, August 7, we are hosting a unique aviation event for families and kids not available at any other airport in the Central LA Basin.

    A fly-in of experimental and production aircraft will gather for a day-long display and opportunity for the public to touch, feel, photograph, and chat with pilots on how they got into aviation.  Then, at 10 a.m. we will close the airport and feature 3.5 hours of Radio Controlled aircraft including trainers, stunt, giant scale (large wingspans) and jets!  Kids ages 10 and under will be able to assemble a glider, learn the principles of flight and fly their glider in a simple contest for distance, then take the glider home with them.

    There is something for everyone!  Food and refreshments available.  At 2:00 p.m. we will have two full-scale landing contests for trophies and bragging rights.  Gates open at 8:00 a.m.  The flyer is attached (best on a color printer) and we ask that you make this available to your members and their families.  This is an inexpensive event in lean economic times; $3 per person or $10 for an entire family.

    Thank you for any distribution!  Advance ticket discounts available.  Reply here for details.

    Check us out on the KTLA Morning News on Friday, August 5!  We'll be teaching Gayle Anderson how to fly!

    Dennis C. Lord
    Public Affairs Manager
    Southern California Gas Company
    "Glad to be of Service"