FW: South Bay Bicycle Master Plan Workshops-Round 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
    Although Hawthorne is not participating in this planning activity, our neighboring communities are.  If you are a biker this is a good activity to be involved in.

    Brent

    Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:02:08 -0700
    Subject: South Bay Bicycle Master Plan Workshops-Round 2

    Good afternoon,

    I am Becca Liu, I'm interning with the South Bay Bicycle Coalition and working on getting the word out about our next round of community workshops for the South Bay Bicycle Master Plan.  We greatly appreciate your organization's interest and support in our efforts in the past and, as we promised, wanted to give you a heads up when our next round of workshops came up.

    The workshop will take place in each of the seven cities affected by the Master Plan-- El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Gardena, and Lawndale-- and will start on June 20th in Manhattan Beach.  This will be the last chance for community members to give input before the plan is finalized and presented to each city council.  Community input is vital to a successful plan and we will rely heavily on the comments we receive at the meetings as we go forward.  The members of your organization, a leaders in the the community, can play an important role in shaping the Master Plan.

    I have attached the flyer with the time and place for each workshop for you to distribute.
    Can we count on you to forward this flyer to the rest of your group?

    Thank you for your support!  Feel free to contact me with any questions.

    Becca Liu
    Intern, South Bay Bicycle Coalition
    South Bay Bicycle Master Plan
    beccalliu@...