RE: [BodgerPark] FW: Request for comment, Measure CV

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      If you saw the Dayly Brezze about 2 weeks ago it said the City iof Lawndale won't back CV. And I think the City of Hawthorne isn't supporting CV too. At a  Hawthorne  I belive they voted not to support CV. Part is because if you DON'T live in the school  district you don't pay for the bond. The people in Lennox don't pay or all the kids who don't live in the district don't pay for the bonds.  Also the Wisebrurn school district has a bond to be voted on to start there own high School.If that passies more people not paying for the CV bond.
      Jim
      From: kevin_schaaf@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:36:51 -0700
      Subject: [BodgerPark] FW: Request for comment, Measure CV

      After reading Brent's concerns, I requested some additional information from the Centinela Valley superintendent's office.  Here is the response:

      Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:53:14 -0700

      From: tvazquez55@...

      Subject: Fw: Request for comment, Measure CV

      To: kevin_schaaf@...

      Hi Kevin,

      I hope the statement below will answer most of the questions you had about Measure CV thank you for willing to do the right thing for our students.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
        I'd say if you're willing to believe the information in the mailers (that are paid for by the Construction Company), then vote for the bond - if not, then don't vote for it.
        I'd also say if your're willing to pay an about an additional $150 a year on your property taxes for the next 30 years (for a home valued somehwere between 400,000 and $500,000) for what's claimed to be planned in the mailers, then vote for the bond - if not, then don't vote for the bond.

        I lean towards the "not."