Low Flying Aircraft 10/25/10

  • sracer76
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 26, 2010
      Last night two low flying commercial jet flew over the neighborhood. Not sure why LAX allowed two flights to take off east and make a full turn to the south and then continue west to continue their assent.

      I am courious to know if this is has been happening for a while. It was not a weather issue there are clear skies and low winds from the west.

      If you wanted to look them up here is the site for Flight tracking. You can play back the flight paths just enter the date and time.

      http://www331.webtrak-lochard.com/webtrak/lax4

      First Flight
      UAL839 LAX-YSSY
      Time 23:24:30
      AC Type B744
      Alt' 1778

      Second Flight
      QFA94 LAX-YMML
      Time 23:45:44
      AC type B744
      Alt' 2192
    • jvbrun@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2010
        We heard them as well. This has happened around here before but
        infrequently -- Maybe once or twice every couple of months. It's no big deal, but it
        serves to remind us we live only a few miles from a major International
        airport.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2010
          That frist plane was realy low. They make there trun early to save time and fuel. The FAA knows this goes on but does nothing to realy stop it.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 26, 2010
            You can also make a complaint about the low flyers on that web site or by phone (310) 64-NOISE (646-6473)

            They are flying nearby tonight as I write (11:37), but not nearly so noisy.

            Brent

            To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
              Hi folks, this isn't really an issue, is it? As jvbrun stated, this happens
              occasionally. No harm, no foul. There are folks that live north of us and
              value their quiet as much as we do that have to contend with this issue much
              more often then we do.

              Personally, I kinda liked it. It was different. Made me feel a little more
              alive, since it was loud and close and SOMETHING to make me sit up and pay
              attention to something other than the television. Just my thoughts, it's
              not that big of a deal.

              On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...>wrote:

              > You can also make a complaint about the low flyers on that web site or by
              > phone (310) 64-NOISE (646-6473)
              >
              > They are flying nearby tonight as I write (11:37), but not nearly so noisy.
              >
              > Brent
              >
              > To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
              > From: sracer76@...
              > Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:09:38 +0000
              > Subject: [BodgerPark] Low Flying Aircraft 10/25/10

              > Last night two low flying commercial jet flew over the neighborhood.
              > Not sure why LAX allowed two flights to take off east and make a full turn
              > to the south and then continue west to continue their assent.
              >

              > I am courious to know if this is has been happening for a while. It was
              > not a weather issue there are clear skies and low winds from the west.
              >

              > If you wanted to look them up here is the site for Flight tracking. You can
              > play back the flight paths just enter the date and time.
              >

              > http://www331.webtrak-lochard.com/webtrak/lax4
              >

              > First Flight
              >
              > UAL839 LAX-YSSY
              >
              > Time 23:24:30
              >
              > AC Type B744
              >
              > Alt' 1778
              >

              > Second Flight
              >
              > QFA94 LAX-YMML
              >
              > Time 23:45:44
              >
              > AC type B744
              >
              > Alt' 2192

            • Jessica Sharman
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 27, 2010
                Didn't bother us either. But I spent a lot of years in the Air Force, so it kinda brought back fond memories of the flight lines for me. Seems to happen infrequently. As a matter of fact I don't remember the last time it happened. Just my 2 cents

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 29, 2010
                  Jess,

                  Thanks for that back-up. My bestest friend was Air Force, her hubby still
                  is. I just got back from visiting them in Ok. I always loved the planes.

                  On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Jessica Sharman <jessicaasharman@...
                  > wrote:

                  > Didn't bother us either. But I spent a lot of years in the Air Force, so it
                  > kinda brought back fond memories of the flight lines for me. Seems to happen
                  > infrequently. As a matter of fact I don't remember the last time it
                  > happened. Just my 2 cents

                • sracer76
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
                    Becasue we are not in an affluent area does not mean they can do what they want. Give them an inch they will take a mile.

                    Ask the neighborhood in North San Jose, CA . SJC has a flight curfew for jet under CATII but airlines rather pay the fine then comply. Until a developer wanted to build some million dollar plus homes did the Airport get serious about it.

                    Also did you know that Malibu homes have a fly quietly zone even when the planes a 5K plus Alt. I work for a airline and one time flying in the trainer set in the cockpit of a 727-200 (CAT1). The Co-pilot did not thrust down and actually throttle up a turned because we had to turn sharper because we slightly over shoot our heading coming from the north to turn to a East-West approach to LAX for the after hours approach pattern. During the recent runway construction of 2 north. First thing out of the pilots mouth was oh well we just got a fine the Rich folks on the hill always enforce the rule.

                    Because we are not in a affluent neighborhood does that mean we should not be given the same respect. We are not in a class society so the elitist do not have more power.

                    I have flow in the cockpit two times a week for about a year in the trainers seat. I actually love planes and want to get my pilots license. There are rules that pilots need to be followed as well as a responsibility of the pilots to follow them. The two flight I was referencing happened during the switch over from the West Arrival West departure to the East arrival - West Departure pattern. The controllers should have held the Aircrafts departure instead of taking them off to the east. It was a controller error or they were pushing the Arrivals and had planes on approach and they wanted to Push two more departures out during the reconfiguration. They have performance number that they have to hit also. The movie Pushing Ten is a reasonably realistic depiction of it. And, Yes I have been in the control room also.

                    Think about this. When driving a car the rule is that you must stop for a pedestrian in a cross walk. Most people don¡¦t they may slow down. Now think you feel when the kids get out of school on Prairie and you a stuck there waiting for them 20 to 30 kids crossing at the same time. Most people get pissed off for the inconvenience of having to stop and wait. The rule is you have to wait you should wait. The pilots should follow the flight paths and fly quietly. If they have to fly a little longer or use a little more fuel that is the cost of doing business. There is no legitimate need to take that type of departure.

                    Also remember the residence of Westchester, El Segundo, Lennox, and Inglewood all have received extensive Sound proofing because of the flights overhead. If they want to fly over our house should we be extended the same?