Turtle??

  • Laura Judson
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
      Did anyone by chance lose a pet turtle? There's one in my front yard. He's
      about 5 inches diameter. Has orange stripes on the side of his head.
      I have no idea where he could have come from if he's not a pet!
      If he's yours - my direct email is bluevixen1(at)gmail

      Laura

    • M.V. Conn
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
        A tortise? (A turtle is actually water-based, as opposed to tortises, which live on the land.) Be that as it may, we have had a (desert) tortise for many years, so if no one claims it, we'd be happy to give him a home. Just let me know.

        To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
          I lost my desert tortise about 6 years ago. He got out of my yard and we couldn't find him. He was a California Desert Tortise. But we are not missing a water turtle.

          To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
            He might be a tortoise! I have no idea how to tell the difference. I'll try
            to attach the picture I took of him.
            He's burrowed himself halfway under the grass now.
            Anyone who'd like to give him a home - that would be great!
            Laura

            --- On Tue, 9/7/10, M.V. Conn <mvconn@... <mvconn%40hotmail.com>>

            From: M.V. Conn <mvconn@... <mvconn%40hotmail.com>>
            To: bodgerpark@yahoogroups.com <bodgerpark%40yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 6:21 PM

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
              I'll tell my brother Tony to come over to take a look. We're at 14922 Gerkin--what's your address?

            • katzz4me@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
                Does it have a paint mark on his back and a# under his shell ? We lost ours
                years ago.

                thnks Darlene on Doty

                >< ) ) ) ‘>

                Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our
                wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

              • M.V. Conn
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
                  Sorry, but no, it didn't. P.S. This one is a turtle (water), not a tortoise (land only).

                  To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                  From: katzz4me@...
                  Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:39:32 -0400

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 16, 2010
                    I just read all these mails back and forth about this turtle and I would
                    like to commend ALL of you for caring, in one way or another, for this
                    little guy. Just my opinion. K

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 17, 2010
                      Thank you! Nice of you to say so!!

                      BTW--can someone tell me how to change my email address for this group? I don't know who the group manager is anymore? Is it still Brent? I have gone to the Yahoo groups website but can't figure it out. Sorry! (This HotMail address is compromised so I'm getting rid of it. I need to change my email address to mvconn@... instead.)

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 17, 2010
                        I think you need to first add the new email address under account info (very
                        top left of the page, there is an arrow where it says "Hi, xxxx"), they'll
                        send an email to the new address and you have to click the link to verify
                        the new address. Then go back to yahoo groups. On the left it says my groups
                        and then just to the right of that "manage" click that and then "Edit my
                        groups". There should be a drop down box to let you select which email the
                        messages go to.
                        Hope that helps!!

                        And THANK YOU again for giving little turtle a home! I had no idea what I
                        was going to do with him!!!

                        Laura