Vandalism

  • Laura Judson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16 5:33 PM
      Last night, our car which was parked on the street in front of our house had
      one of the windows smashed. As we were cleaning up the glass today, our
      neighbor a few doors down drove past and stopped to tell us that the same
      had happened to him.
      Just a heads up if you park on the street!

      Laura

    • Heather Harris
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16 5:43 PM
        Laura
        Just curious - which street do you live on?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16 6:20 PM
          we're on Doty at 145th.

          On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Heather Harris <harriass2u@...>wrote:

          > Laura
          > Just curious - which street do you live on?
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Katheryne Koelker
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 16 6:58 PM
            Thanks for the heads-up--I'm on 146th Street (not so far from you).  Sometimes I have to park nearly all the way down the block (especially on Friday or Saturday nights).  I park on the street, so I'll have to keep my eyes open.

            Has anyone been hurt or anything stolen?  Do the police have any ideas on who might be doing this?
             Katheryne
            ‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.’--J.R.R. Tolkein

            ________________________________
            > Just curious - which street do you live on?
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Laura Judson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 16 7:39 PM
              I think it was just kids. My husbands electric razor was in the car and
              wasn't stolen, and they didn't even punch out the window, looked like they
              just went by and smashed it.

              I can't believe parking is that bad by you! We luckily never have any
              problems.

              On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Katheryne Koelker <flyingbug@...>wrote:

              > Thanks for the heads-up--I'm on 146th Street (not so far from you).
              > Sometimes I have to park nearly all the way down the block (especially on
              > Friday or Saturday nights). I park on the street, so I'll have to keep my
              > eyes open.
              >
              > Has anyone been hurt or anything stolen? Do the police have any ideas on
              > who might be doing this?
              > Katheryne
              > �If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would
              > be a merrier world.�--J.R.R. Tolkein
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Katheryne Koelker
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 16 7:48 PM
                Parking's like that on the weekends....and on street-sweeping days!  We also have a few vans that park over on our block; Mom thinks they belong to someone over on Yukon. She's complained about it to the city (commercial vehicles), but the owner told the city inspector that he wasn't running a business from the house.

                Also happening on our street: a house-remodel.  One house that was starting to look rather ratty is under reconstruction.  More people during the day.

                Katheryne

                ________________________________
                I think it was just kids. My husbands electric razor was in the car and wasn't stolen, and they didn't even punch out the window, looked like they just went by and smashed it.

                I can't believe parking is that bad by you! We luckily never have any problems.

                On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Katheryne Koelker <flyingbug@...>wrote:

                > Thanks for the heads-up--I'm on 146th Street (not so far from you).
                > Sometimes I have to park nearly all the way down the block (especially on
                > Friday or Saturday nights).  I park on the street, so I'll have to keep my
                > eyes open.
                >
                > Has anyone been hurt or anything stolen?  Do the police have any ideas on
                > who might be doing this?
                >  Katheryne
                > ‘If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would
                > be a merrier world.’--J.R.R. Tolkein

              • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 17 8:02 AM
                  Thanks for being a great neighbor and giving us the heads up!