Mail Delivery Problems and Curb Painting

  • Lawren Freebody
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2010
      I had an incident several weeks ago where I went out to get my mail
      and there was mail with 3 different addresses in my mailbox. I went
      out to hand deliver the mail items to my 2 neighbors when I saw the
      mail delivery truck down the street, so I decided to tell the mailman
      about the mishap.

      He seemed to be in a state of confusion and could not grasp what I was
      telling him. Instead he acted like he didn't understand my problem and
      couldn't help me. (what?) I told him I didn't have a problem and that
      he'd mis-delivered all these pieces of mail. He had a blank look on
      his face and said he still didn't understand my problem without even
      looking at the mail I handed him. In the confusion he did say that he
      hadn't worked this route in a long time. I thought he would want to
      go deliver the mail to the appropriate houses since we were just a
      couple houses down, but he just took off. I don't know if he ever
      really got the point of what I was saying or if that mail even got
      delivered.

      As far as the curb painting goes, they painted the wrong number on
      mine - my address is 3819 and they painted 3891. I called the city
      planning department and the gal on the line said the people who
      painted my curb were never even authorized to do so. I asked her why
      they did it and she said to make some extra cash. She sent someone out
      to fix it pronto and it's fine now.

      Lawren Freebody