Re: [BodgerPark] another question or two

  • Laura Judson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21 7:46 PM
      I'm not sure if they do pies, but I've bought wonderful cakes from Lido
      Bakery across from Manhattan Village. You might also try Torrance Bakery
      (the main one is in Torrance, but there is one on Crenshaw just south of
      Marine too). Also Beckers in Manhattan Beach is great, have never bought
      pies there though.

      Yes, you should tip the massage therapist, rule of thumb is 10%, think of it
      in the same way that you would tip your hair stylist. I usually tip closer
      to 20% if I'm happy, but I used to be a hair stylist so I tend to really
      overtip at the salon/spa!

      Good Luck with the pie search!!
      Laura

    • pgbnyc62@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23 8:20 AM
        Yesterday, I was visiting a friend and he told me about a crime reported in the Daily Breeze's "Police Blotter" section regarding an armed robbery on November 14, at 11pm on 147th Street & Doty Avenue. Unfortunately, I did not keep the newspaper, nor did catch the circulation date of the paper. I tried to find it on the Breeze's website, but could not --

        Did anyone else hear about this robbery? It was news to me...