another question or two

  • loca107.1@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2009
      Hi neighbors,

      Y'all were so kind to help me with looking for a mechanic for my Volvo,
      thanks to everyone who wrote or even took the time to think if they knew of
      anyone.

      I have two more questions that I hope someone out there could help me with.
      One, does anyone know where I could buy a French Apple pie? I've called
      Marie Callanders, Pollys, Cocos, and another place that I can't remember.
      They all say that they have them but it's not the French Apple that I am
      searching for, their's is more of a Dutch. I am looking for the kind with
      the hard, white icing on the top. Can anyone help? I need to be able to
      purchase it this Mon. morning. If no one knows of such a place, can any of
      y'all give me the scoop on the best pie joint that you know of in this
      area? Maybe that unsung bakery that's really a marvel?

      Secondly, and I feel goofy even asking but don't personally know anyone
      that would know the answer, are you supposed to tip the massage therapist
      when you go to a spa? Like a fancy, charge you $50.00 an hour spa? Any
      input would be appreciated.

      Thanks again Bodger, I'm very proud to be a member of this community. Kim

    • Laura Judson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2009
        I'm not sure if they do pies, but I've bought wonderful cakes from Lido
        Bakery across from Manhattan Village. You might also try Torrance Bakery
        (the main one is in Torrance, but there is one on Crenshaw just south of
        Marine too). Also Beckers in Manhattan Beach is great, have never bought
        pies there though.

        Yes, you should tip the massage therapist, rule of thumb is 10%, think of it
        in the same way that you would tip your hair stylist. I usually tip closer
        to 20% if I'm happy, but I used to be a hair stylist so I tend to really
        overtip at the salon/spa!

        Good Luck with the pie search!!
        Laura

      • pgbnyc62@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
          Yesterday, I was visiting a friend and he told me about a crime reported in the Daily Breeze's "Police Blotter" section regarding an armed robbery on November 14, at 11pm on 147th Street & Doty Avenue. Unfortunately, I did not keep the newspaper, nor did catch the circulation date of the paper. I tried to find it on the Breeze's website, but could not --

          Did anyone else hear about this robbery? It was news to me...