Re: [BodgerPark] mail service

  • Chris Call
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
      Maybe if we take a copy of all of these emails to the post office and show a supervisor we can get a carrier that doesn't have a problem delivering the mail, maybe doing their job properly.

       Chris (Kornblum & Marine)

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
        Hello again. Hig on Doty: I also wanted to mention that I too spoke
        with her this past Saturday (09/12/09) and she also said that the
        carriers are contracted out by the PO and also said she will be
        RETIRING soon. Yeah!!!!.

        You know, in the many years I have lived here, I have never encounter
        a problem like this before.
        Hig.
        On Sep 15, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Chris Call wrote:

        > Maybe if we take a copy of all of these emails to the post office
        > and show a supervisor we can get a carrier that doesn't have a
        > problem delivering the mail, maybe doing their job properly.
        >

        > Chris (Kornblum & Marine)

        Higush Dear
        higush@...
        Dominium Management Corp.
        9629 Brighton Way
        Beverly Hills, California 90210
        (310) 275-9700, ext. 215
        (310) 274-1268, Fax

      • Katheryne Koelker
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
          We get mail for one block north or south of us.  Once, we got mail for someone who lived on 146th Street.  When I took it to its rightful recipient, I found out the neighborhood has another 146th Street--over by the 7-11 store (we're closet to the park).

          Katie

          ________________________________
          Is anyone else having problems with the mail service over the last few months? I swear I get other people's mail at least once a week... sometimes one or two pieces, other times, everything in my box is for someone else. Sometimes it's my next door neighbor, sometimes it's a street north, sometimes it's a street south.

          If it's not too late in the evening, I try to walk the mail over to the right house. Otherwise, I leave it out for the mail carrier with a little note indicating that it was delivered to the wrong house. I'm hoping that anyone who may have accidentally received my mail is doing the same, but I'm getting a little concerned by the frequency of this problem.

        • Laura Judson
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
            That is just insane. Your dog isn't even in the house and yet you had to go
            close the door?? Really, all these stories make her sound delusional.

          • pgbnyc62@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
              I would think that it would be her best interest to make friends on her route? ?If she has had such a bad experience, perhaps a counter-job is the best option for her until retirement. ?

              I am going to call her supervisor at 310-676-0399.

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
                I just spoke with the route supervisor - Mr. Uco Johnson. ?I told him what occurred today. ?As well, I relayed some of the other issues discussed below (by others). ?

                Per Mr. Johnson, if the mail carrier is threatened by the dog, they are not required to deliver the mail. ?He further stated that they are specifically not supposed to summon the home-owner/occupant to their truck to pick up mail. ?If they feel threatened by the presence of a dog, they are "required" to return the mail to their supervisor, and advise the supervisor of the threat. ?Then the supervisor will deliver the mail and express the mail carriers concerns with the home-owner/occupant. ?It is then incumbent upon the supervisor and home-owner/occupant to resolve the issue (work out a solution). ?

                All this being said, Mr. Johnson advised me that we will be having a new mail carrier starting Saturday. ?He apologized and asked for our patience. ?He also was appreciative of the information, as the carrier will remain under him and he will have to address this with her...

                There does appear to be light at the end of the tunnel?

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
                  Wow, thanks to everyone for the input... and working to get this resolved! I had no idea anyone else was having other issues, too.

                  I didn't want to make a fuss when it was just one wrong delivery every now and then (mistakes happen) but the errors were happening so frequently that it became apparent that something was up. I was going to call the P.O. and let them know, but wanted to check with everyone first... I'm glad I did.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 15, 2009
                    One question does remain unresolved, though: the Post Office is saying they had to raise the price of first-class stamps (now 42 cents) and close some offices.  What is with the contract people delivering our mail?

                    Katie