water usage

  • loca107.1@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
      Hey, if I may I would like to weigh in on this subject.

      The main point that I see is as expressed priviously re. folks that have
      tried for years to conserve. They, me included, have done everything that
      they can think of of conserve water. I do it 'cause I'm poor, others do it
      out of concern for the enviornment. Now the water police want us to
      conserve more. And we will be charged for not complying.

      Truly there are those of us that have tried our darndest to save water; for
      whatever reasons. And now we are supposed to conserve even more. How do we
      do that exactally? Please forgive, but I only flush my toilet every other
      time and I water my yellow yard once a week for 40 mins. (I set a timer.) I
      don't have a dishwashing machine so wash by hand. Just read something that
      sez hand-washers use more water than most so I am now paying more attention
      to how I wash my dishes.

      I have a cup in my bathroom for brushing my teeth; water never runs freely.
      I wash clothes twice a month, fortunately I wear a somewhat "uniform" which
      I have a couple of so don't need to do laundry a lot. Really, I don't know
      how I could conserve more. If the new rules ask me to reduce by 15 percent
      I haven't the slightest idea as to how to do it. Any suggestions would be
      greatly appreciated.

      The new rules ask folks to take their water usage down by 10-15 percent.
      How does one do that when they have exausted all the ways that they have
      thought of? Doesn't seem quite right.

      So there's my opinion. I must also say that I notice several Bodger
      neighbors totally ignoring the fact that we are in a drought. Washing off
      their driveways with a hose or just letting the water run out of a hose in
      their yard.

      I wish you all well with conservation and if any of y'all have any tips for
      me I will take them willingly. Thanks for listening, K

    • loca107.1@gmail.com