FW: Another robbery

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 1, 2009
      FYI. Response from the Mayor.

      Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:51:40 -0700
      From: myrguidi
      Subject: Re: FW: Another robbery
      To: brentamorgan@...
      CC: jpathirana@...

      Brent we will get on this right away 1 for me is too many. I will contact Jag to have a heavier police presence. Larry

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 1, 2009
        That is great news !! Thanks, Brent

        On Jun 1, 2009, at 3:04 PM, Brent Morgan wrote:

        > FYI. Response from the Mayor.
        >
        > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:51:40 -0700
        > From: myrguidi
        > Subject: Re: FW: Another robbery
        > To: brentamorgan@...
        > CC: jpathirana@...
        >
        > Brent we will get on this right away 1 for me is too many. I will
        > contact Jag to have a heavier police presence. Larry

        Higush Dear
        higush@...
        Dominium Management Corp.
        9629 Brighton Way
        Beverly Hills, California 90210
        (310) 275-9700, ext. 215
        (310) 274-1268, Fax

      • Laura Judson
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 1, 2009
          Thanks Brent. Very encouraging to know the city is so responsive.

          On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Brent Morgan<brentamorgan@...> wrote:

          > FYI. Response from the Mayor.
          >
          > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:51:40 -0700
          > From: myrguidi
          > Subject: Re: FW: Another robbery
          > To: brentamorgan@...
          > CC: jpathirana@...
          >
          > Brent we will get on this right away 1 for me is too many. I will contact
          > Jag to have a heavier police presence. Larry

        • Chris Call
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 2, 2009
            Thank you so much.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 2, 2009
              I second that.

              On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Brent Morgan<brentamorgan@ hotmail.com> wrote:

              > FYI. Response from the Mayor.
              >
              > Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:51:40 -0700
              > From: myrguidi
              > Subject: Re: FW: Another robbery
              > To: brentamorgan@ hotmail.com
              > CC: jpathirana@cityofha wthorne.org
              >
              > Brent we will get on this right away 1 for me is too many. I will contact
              > Jag to have a heavier police presence. Larry

            • Shannon
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving home this morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police cars patroling through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2 were coming into our neighborhood.

                Shannon on 144th
              • Chris Call
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                  That is wonderful news, I love it.  I want to see them in the afternoon when the kids out of school.  Did anyone here a big boom last night about 9:15 or so.

                  Chris Call, Assistant to
                  THOMAS M. POLINGER, ESQ.

                  Law Office of Thomas M. Polinger
                  555 Pier Avenue, Suite 4
                  Hermosa Beach, California  90254-3800
                  Phone:  310-372-4636
                  Fax:      310-376-3531

                  I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving home this morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police cars patroling through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2 were coming into our neighborhood.

                  Shannon on 144th

                • Higush Dear
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                    Yes, I did. What was that ? Hig on Doty.
                    On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Chris Call wrote:

                    > That is wonderful news, I love it. I want to see them in the
                    > afternoon when the kids out of school. Did anyone here a big boom
                    > last night about 9:15 or so.
                    >

                    > Chris Call, Assistant to
                    > THOMAS M. POLINGER, ESQ.
                    >
                    > Law Office of Thomas M. Polinger
                    > 555 Pier Avenue, Suite 4
                    > Hermosa Beach, California 90254-3800
                    > Phone: 310-372-4636
                    > Fax: 310-376-3531

                  • Kevin Schaaf
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                      I heard it too. My wife and I thought at first it might have been a gunshot, then thought it was someone slamming the metal door shut where it closes in the dumpster for our townhomes. We are on Yukon at 145th. If people around the neighborhood heard it, then it probably wasn't the garbage!

                      Kevin

                      To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                      From: higush@...
                      Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700
                      Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Re: FW: Another robbery

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                        I also saw one cruise through yesterday around 11 when I was out
                        walking the dogs. Seems like there were a lot of kids out about that
                        time too - maybe half day since it's the end of the school year? Also
                        seems to be the time a lot of break ins are happening.

                        Laura

                        On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Shannon <jmnycricket22@...> wrote:

                        > I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving home this
                        > morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police cars patroling
                        > through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2 were coming into our
                        > neighborhood.
                        >
                        > Shannon on 144th

                      • Chris Call
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009

                          I live on Kornblum and Marine and we heard it, it was very loud, don't know what it was.  If anybody hears or knows what it was let us know.

                          To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com
                          From: higush@dmanage. com
                          Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700

                          Yes, I did. What was that ? Hig on Doty.

                          On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Chris Call wrote:

                          > That is wonderful news, I love it. I want to see them in the

                          > afternoon when the kids out of school. Did anyone here a big boom

                          > last night about 9:15 or so.

                          > Chris Call, Assistant to

                          > THOMAS M. POLINGER, ESQ.

                          > Law Office of Thomas M. Polinger

                          > 555 Pier Avenue, Suite 4

                          > Hermosa Beach, California 90254-3800

                          > Phone: 310-372-4636

                          > Fax: 310-376-3531

                          > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                          > From: Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com>

                          > Subject: [BodgerPark] Re: FW: Another robbery

                          > To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com

                          > Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:31 AM

                          > I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving

                          > home this morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police

                          > cars patroling through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2

                          > were coming into our neighborhood.

                          > Shannon on 144th

                          Higush Dear

                          higush@dmanage. com

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                            It was fireworks over on Yukon

                            To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com
                            From: higush@dmanage. com
                            Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                              That was louder than fireworks.  Thanks for the infor.

                              To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com
                              From: higush@dmanage. com
                              Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                                I would have guesses thunder, but 9:15 seems too late from what I remember.

                                To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                                From: myshortcake2004@...
                                Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:03:18 -0700

                                From: Kevin Schaaf <kevin_schaaf@...>

                                To: bodgerpark@yahoogroups.com

                                Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 9:08 AM

                                To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com

                                From: higush@dmanage. com

                                Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700

                                Yes, I did. What was that ? Hig on Doty.

                                On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Chris Call wrote:

                                > That is wonderful news, I love it. I want to see them in the

                                > afternoon when the kids out of school. Did anyone here a big boom

                                > last night about 9:15 or so.

                                > Chris Call, Assistant to

                                > THOMAS M. POLINGER, ESQ.

                                > Law Office of Thomas M. Polinger

                                > 555 Pier Avenue, Suite 4

                                > Hermosa Beach, California 90254-3800

                                > Phone: 310-372-4636

                                > Fax: 310-376-3531

                                > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                                > From: Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com>

                                > Subject: [BodgerPark] Re: FW: Another robbery

                                > To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com

                                > Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:31 AM

                                > I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving

                                > home this morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police

                                > cars patroling through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2

                                > were coming into our neighborhood.

                                > Shannon on 144th

                                Higush Dear

                                higush@dmanage. com

                                Dominium Management Corp.

                                9629 Brighton Way

                                Beverly Hills, California 90210

                                (310) 275-9700, ext. 215

                                (310) 274-1268, Fax

                              • Katheryne Koelker
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                                  Although the street signs in Bodger Park are labeled for Hawthorne, we are in the Lawndale School District (Carson/Roosevelt, Adams, and Anderson/Rogers)--it's a boundary thing.  According to the Lawndale District Calendar, their last day of school is Wednesday, 17 June.  Thursdays are minimum days (continuing education for the teachers).

                                  I'm not sure, but the Hawthorne schools, and the high schools might be getting out for summer around the same time.

                                  I heard the noise last night--I couldn't tell if it was fireworks (of the illegal variety) or something else.

                                  Katie

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jun 4, 2009
                                    Well it's nice to see the cops around here the last few days. But they can't stay here all day, so WE must keep watch. If you see something that looks bad call 911, the cops won't be mad if it's nothing. Better safe then sorry!  So lets start looking out for one another. It's being a good neighbor.

                                    I would have guesses thunder, but 9:15 seems too late from what I remember.

                                    To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com
                                    From: myshortcake2004@ yahoo.com
                                    Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:03:18 -0700

                                    To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com

                                    From: higush@dmanage. com

                                    Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:01:17 -0700

                                    Yes, I did. What was that ? Hig on Doty.

                                    On Jun 4, 2009, at 8:39 AM, Chris Call wrote:

                                    > That is wonderful news, I love it. I want to see them in the

                                    > afternoon when the kids out of school. Did anyone here a big boom

                                    > last night about 9:15 or so.

                                    > Chris Call, Assistant to

                                    > THOMAS M. POLINGER, ESQ.

                                    > Law Office of Thomas M. Polinger

                                    > 555 Pier Avenue, Suite 4

                                    > Hermosa Beach, California 90254-3800

                                    > Phone: 310-372-4636

                                    > Fax: 310-376-3531

                                    > --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                                    > From: Shannon <jmnycricket22@ yahoo.com>

                                    > Subject: [BodgerPark] Re: FW: Another robbery

                                    > To: BodgerPark@yahoogro ups.com

                                    > Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 8:31 AM

                                    > I thought everyone would be happy to know that as I was leaving

                                    > home this morning to go to work I saw not 1, not 2, but 3 police

                                    > cars patroling through Bodger Park. One was on his way out and 2

                                    > were coming into our neighborhood.

                                    > Shannon on 144th

                                    Higush Dear

                                    higush@dmanage. com

                                    Dominium Management Corp.

                                    9629 Brighton Way

                                    Beverly Hills, California 90210

                                    (310) 275-9700, ext. 215

                                    (310) 274-1268, Fax

                                  • msuchar
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jun 5, 2009
                                      According to what I heard on my scanner, the loud noise was some type of illegal fireworks; possibly set off in a van or by someone driving a van.

                                      The police presence is nice but this is the typical knee-jerk reactionary quick fix by the city to apease us. I hope it doesn't fall off in a week or so as it usually does. I think the police dept. should have some type of patrol schedule (with random times) through our area. We are in the top three areas of Hawthone that pay the highest residential taxes and I thinks its only fair that we get some type of consistant patrol activity.