Leuzinger High School

  • sracer76
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
      Just thought the group would be intrested in Leuzinger High School
      rating on greatschools.net is a 4 out of 10.

      http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse_school/ca/1573#from..Tab

      Test scores for 2008 Exit exam

      Grade 10 English Language Arts
      58% (2008)
      55% (2007)
      56% (2006)
      56% (2005)
      The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2008.

      Math
      59% (2008)
      58% (2007)
      58% (2006)
      57% (2005)
      The state average for Math was 78% in 2008.

      I think we as the local neighborhood need to get involved. Maybe Do
      some volenteer campus clean-up or beautification.
    • kschaaf63
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
        Getting involved at Leuzinger is a great idea. I checked out the
        Leuzinger website briefly, but didn't find any obvious needs. The
        school phone number is (310) 263-2200, and you can also contact the
        school by email via their website
        http://www.leuzinger.org/apps/contact/?rn=9037905

        Another way to help Leuzinger in the long-term would be to help our
        local elementary school, FDR/Carson.

        FDR/Carson has a mentoring program to match troubled students up with
        interested adults. This program includes both staff and community
        members and involves a weekly commitment to meet with the student
        (often to eat lunch at school). The program is based on research that
        suggests that students show greater commitment to school when they
        have more personal connections with adults interested in their education.

        I taught third grade at FDR for six years and my wife still teaches
        there. The principal is Dayla Sims, and the school phone number is
        310-675-1121 if anyone is interested in mentoring or helping in other
        ways.

        Kevin Schaaf