New Landscaping Code

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2008
      On Aug. 12 the City Council will vote on the ordinance on a landscapes. If it passies, the code inforcement will be able to cite people for yards with to much drit, weeds or dead grass and plants. I saw the council talked about it on channel 22 this weekend, they talked about all the dryed lawns in front of houses and the weeds and just unkepted lawns. Frist time offenders will get a fix-it ticket, after that there will be fines, starting at 100 dollars up to 500 dollars. Theywant home owner to take care of there lawns , watering and weeding. Jim & kathy on 144 St.

    • jsls110@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2008
        Is this for all of Hawthorne, also is it commercial as well as residential
        property?

        The Stewarts on Doty

        FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2008
          It's for all residential property, I'am not sure about the effects on commerical property. they have there own codes.

          jsls110@... wrote: Is this for all of Hawthorne, also is it commercial as well as residential
          property?

          The Stewarts on Doty

          FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

        • Patricia Lin Hachiya
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2008
            I understand the intent but what about water conservation?

            It's for all residential property, I'am not sure about the effects on commerical property. they have there own codes.

            jsls110@aol. com wrote: Is this for all of Hawthorne, also is it commercial as well as residential
            property?

            The Stewarts on Doty

            ************ **Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
            FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
            (http://www.fanhouse .com/fantasyaffa ir?ncid=aolspr00 050000000020)

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28, 2008
              If you walk around you will see there are yards that have not seen water in years and have weeds and no grass just rock hard dirt. My lawn is no prize winner but I keep it green and the weeds out.

              Patricia Lin Hachiya <plhachiya@...> wrote: I understand the intent but what about water conservation?