Re: Barricades 147 st./Walgreens and Jons?

  • suemoret
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2004
      I truly hope that major city decisions that affect almost a thousand
      residents aren't really decided by whoever happens to be the most
      vocal in the newly formed BPNA. As a resident of Bodger Ave, the
      proposed barricade would preclude my driving to the local stores on
      Prairie (including 7-11, the Sav-On and the possible Jon's) without 3
      dangerous left turns instead of 2 right turns. The drive
      calming "planter box" will probably end up as an orange-painted sand-
      filled barrel that causes more accidents with drivers careening into
      people's homes and kid-filled yards.

      I realize each person's issue - such as speeding, running stop signs,
      or taking up all the parking is very important to the person who's
      issue it is; but they must realize that if it does not affect the
      other 85% of us, it will most likely inconvenience the other 85%
      negatively. This in turn makes Bodger Park a less desirable place to
      live because we (possibly) can't park here without a permit or can't
      get to the grocery store conveniently.

      This doesn't mean I don't hope each resident's issue doesn't get
      resolved, but how about alternatives? Maybe speed bumps on each
      white stop sign line in the street to insure that people stop, rather
      than speed bumps in the middle of the street? I currently have no
      alternative for other situations, but we really have to stop and
      think what some of the proposed changes would do to the value of life
      in Bodger Park IN GENERAL, rather than personally.

      Sue Moret

      --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, Aron Levinson <aron10@y...> wrote:
      > And as mentioned previously, I'm on West 146th Street and I don't
      want people going around a barricade and heading towards my house. I
      would think with a cop sitting there and writing 30 tickets a day,
      people will get the message.

      > Is the cop still there in the mornings and afternoon?
      >
      > What's the latest with Walgreens and Jon's?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Aron
      >
      > Shannon <jmnycricket22@y...> wrote:
      > I agree with this question. I wonder if we'd be inconviencing
      fellow
      > Boder Park residents more than random people passing through using
      > the street as a short-cut. A while ago a comment was made on one
      of
      > the posts stating "The majority of people that I see are going
      > straight through the intersection, leading me to believe that they
      > are using 147th-Doty as a shortcut between Prairie and Rosecrans."
      > As I see it, the flaw in this thought is that there are about 5
      more
      > streets further down the 147th/Doty street for residents to turn
      on.
      > Anyway, just my couple cents worth.
      >
      > Shannon
      >

      > > one qustion I have is has amyone though of how many
      > > cars going dowv 147th are poeple who live in bodger?

      Service.

    • Kim
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        ah, once again a breadth of fresh air, thanks sue