Re: [BodgerPark] Police Activity on 144th?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
      The 1st call came from 1 of our neightbors about 2 gury tagging on the wall/curb & street sigh on 144th & Doty --- the 2 idiot taggers went down to 3724 144th --- went in to celibrate with their friends?? The police came, could not get them to open the doors --- went in from the backside from 144th Place -- shot the dog in the yard, tasered a guy in the house --- last I heard, one suspect got away, one in custody, the tasered guy in Gardena Hospital

      kmkedwards <kmkedwards@...> wrote: Dear Neighbors,

      My husband and I drove on 144th between Kornblum and Doty around
      5:30. There were 2 detectives with their cars and a HPD car...along
      with yellow crime tape around a house with 4 young adult men sitting
      on the curb. Does anybody know what was going on?

      The Edwards
      on Kornblum

    • LUISA MENDOZA
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
        Hello,
        What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a bigger place.
        Luisa

      • katzz4me@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
          O my goodness .

          >< ) ) ) ‘>
          Darlene on Doty

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
            Hello Lusia..

            You can always count on Bernie and I in any and all meetings.

            Darlene

            In a message dated 9/27/2007 8:49:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            familyof1531@... writes:

            Hello,
            What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I
            don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another
            meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's
            time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a
            bigger place.
            Luisa

            >< ) ) ) ‘>
            Darlene

          • james8888oz
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
              Dear neighbors:

              This is very good news about capturing taggers. Hope HPD keeps it up.

              Last fridays neighborhood watch meeting at the Sheriffs Substation
              went very well. Graffitti was one of the main topics that was
              brought up. There is another tentatively scheduled meeting on
              Friday, Oct 26th at 6:30Pm. The meeting will be held at the Lawndale
              modular building located at 14716 De Oro St, just north of the
              Lawndale Civic Center.
              All BP neighbors are welcome to attend.

              --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, katzz4me@... wrote:

              > Hello Lusia..
              >
              > You can always count on Bernie and I in any and all meetings.
              >
              > Darlene
              >

              > In a message dated 9/27/2007 8:49:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              > familyof1531@... writes:
              >

              > Hello,
              > What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with
              your kids?I
              > don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing
              another
              > meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me
              know if it's
              > time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we
              can get a
              > bigger place.
              > Luisa
              >

              > >< ) ) ) ‘>
              > Darlene

            • Patricia Lin Hachiya
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 28, 2007
                We're in too - Scott and Pat

                familyof1531@... writes:

                Hello,
                What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I
                don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another
                meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's
                time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a
                bigger place.
                Luisa

                >< ) ) ) ‘>
                Darlene

              • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 9, 2007
                  Hi everyone - just saw this on the City's website. This is right by our neighborhood! I am going to try to participate. Pat

                  News Details
                  Tree Planting Event

                  On October 27th, the City of Hawthorne will be planting 65 trees along Rosecrans Avenue, between Prairie and Crenshaw. Everyone is invited to join Mayor Guidi, the City Council, and City staff at 9am that morning to help plant the trees. Let's beautify the community and improve the environment at the same time. We will meet at the parking lot near the CVS Pharmacy on 3880 Rosecrans Avenue.
                  Wear old clothes and bring a friend.
                  Refreshments will be provided.
                  For more information call Hawthorne Public Works at (310) 349-2987