Police Activity on 144th?

  • kmkedwards
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
      Dear Neighbors,

      My husband and I drove on 144th between Kornblum and Doty around
      5:30. There were 2 detectives with their cars and a HPD car...along
      with yellow crime tape around a house with 4 young adult men sitting
      on the curb. Does anybody know what was going on?

      The Edwards
      on Kornblum

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
          Hello,
          What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a bigger place.
          Luisa

        • katzz4me@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
            O my goodness .

            >< ) ) ) ‘>
            Darlene on Doty

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
              Hello Lusia..

              You can always count on Bernie and I in any and all meetings.

              Darlene

              In a message dated 9/27/2007 8:49:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              familyof1531@... writes:

              Hello,
              What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I
              don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another
              meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's
              time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a
              bigger place.
              Luisa

              >< ) ) ) ‘>
              Darlene

            • james8888oz
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 27, 2007
                Dear neighbors:

                This is very good news about capturing taggers. Hope HPD keeps it up.

                Last fridays neighborhood watch meeting at the Sheriffs Substation
                went very well. Graffitti was one of the main topics that was
                brought up. There is another tentatively scheduled meeting on
                Friday, Oct 26th at 6:30Pm. The meeting will be held at the Lawndale
                modular building located at 14716 De Oro St, just north of the
                Lawndale Civic Center.
                All BP neighbors are welcome to attend.

                --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, katzz4me@... wrote:

                > Hello Lusia..
                >
                > You can always count on Bernie and I in any and all meetings.
                >
                > Darlene
                >

                > In a message dated 9/27/2007 8:49:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                > familyof1531@... writes:
                >

                > Hello,
                > What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with
                your kids?I
                > don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing
                another
                > meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me
                know if it's
                > time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we
                can get a
                > bigger place.
                > Luisa
                >

                > >< ) ) ) ‘>
                > Darlene

              • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 28, 2007
                  We're in too - Scott and Pat

                  familyof1531@... writes:

                  Hello,
                  What is going on on our streets? Do you fell safe to walk with your kids?I
                  don't.What can we do to stop all of this? We should start planing another
                  meeting to see what can we do to have a safe neighberhood. Let me know if it's
                  time for another meeting and how many people will join us so we can get a
                  bigger place.
                  Luisa

                  >< ) ) ) ‘>
                  Darlene

                • Patricia Lin Hachiya
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 9, 2007
                    Hi everyone - just saw this on the City's website. This is right by our neighborhood! I am going to try to participate. Pat

                    News Details
                    Tree Planting Event

                    On October 27th, the City of Hawthorne will be planting 65 trees along Rosecrans Avenue, between Prairie and Crenshaw. Everyone is invited to join Mayor Guidi, the City Council, and City staff at 9am that morning to help plant the trees. Let's beautify the community and improve the environment at the same time. We will meet at the parking lot near the CVS Pharmacy on 3880 Rosecrans Avenue.
                    Wear old clothes and bring a friend.
                    Refreshments will be provided.
                    For more information call Hawthorne Public Works at (310) 349-2987