Tent type "carports"

  • Sue Moret
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2007
      Didn't someone here find out from HPD Code Enforcement that permanant
      tent-type carports were illegal to put in one's driveway?
      Because one just went up across the street today that is huge (I
      personally think they bought it because they have people living in the
      garage, but since I can't swear to it I have never called it in).
      So yes or no, should I contact HPD, or wait to see if it is just a
      temporary party tent? Or are these car-tents legal now?

      Sue
    • Brent
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2007
        They aren't legal, but I think that the proper enforcement agency is
        Code Enforcement, not HPD.

        Brent

        --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Moret" <suemoret@...> wrote:

        > Didn't someone here find out from HPD Code Enforcement that permanant
        > tent-type carports were illegal to put in one's driveway?
        > Because one just went up across the street today that is huge (I
        > personally think they bought it because they have people living in the
        > garage, but since I can't swear to it I have never called it in).
        > So yes or no, should I contact HPD, or wait to see if it is just a
        > temporary party tent? Or are these car-tents legal now?
        >
        > Sue

      • Patricia Lin Hachiya