RE: [BodgerPark] Oil Pipeline Towne Meeting

  • Rich Lake
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2007
      Thanks for the report, I think we need to stay on top of this issue. Traffic
      during construction is probably going to be a big issue, especially
      considering what we are going through with the Rosecrans and Avation
      project. That and other projects should be completed before we subject
      ourselves to another traffic clogging project. What about the rainy season,
      if we ever get one, that only complicates matters.

      Regards,

      Rich

      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2007
        I also attended the meeting. Interestingly enough just earlier the same day I met the City of Gardena's Community Development Director who said that Gardena is vehemently opposed and planning to sue. She also told me that the 4 existing pipelines are just fine and it is just a private company trying to capture a part of the market. I also spoke with an official from County public health who said that jet fuel is HIGHLY volatile. I've been consulting with some county land use planners who I work with and we are not so sure that this kind of pipeline is really a "public utility" as they contend. I don't think we should believe anything that comes out of these people's mouths. I plan to do some more research on the Internet and educate myself. The Draft Environmental Impact Report will come out in September to tell us what will be the impacts of this project.

        Pat on 144th Place

        Rich Lake <hcirl@...> wrote: Thanks for the report, I think we need to stay on top of this issue. Traffic