RE: [BodgerPark] Red striped curb on Marine and Prairie?

  • Lupe Madrid
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Living on the Marine side I can tell you that the "For Sale" cars are
      not a problem. We were vigil about calling the Parking Enforcement to
      ticket them after 72 hours and eventually they got tired of moving their
      cars. Red curbs could be a problem. Can we get restricted parking?
      Personally, I think we would need the parking on opposite side street
      sweeping and weekends. By the way, there isn't any street sweeping
      signs on the tree side. When is that side's street sweeping?

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Hello. Okay, once again I am confused. Since I don't live on any of
        the border streets I don't know what all the issues are. I was under the
        impression that it was either Bodger residents that parked their work
        vehicles here or people from anywhere trying to sell their cars with "For
        Sale" signs on them. Neither one seems all that irritating unless they take
        up needed space or are an eye-sore. I didn't realize that folks from across
        the street are utilizing all the space.

        I don't know what the answer is but I can see no place in which to put
        up a fence. I understand the *idea* of making it inconvenient for folks to
        park there but since we have just had all this work done along our borders
        (which looks GREAT, by the way) I can't see blocking it off with some kind
        of fence. I hate to sound greedy but after seeing the new walkways and
        flowers my first thought as a homeowner was, "Cha-Ching!" It's beautiful
        and really adds to our property value.

        Isn't there some middle ground? Like "No Parking" between 6 and 8PM?
        That seems like it would stop most of the outsiders while still allowing the
        natives to move any extra cars that they might have into those spots after
        8. To cover the other end of the spectrum they could also add no parking
        from 10 to 11am. I have seen many parking signs with two times on them.

        This is just a thought, thanks for listening, K