Fw: [BodgerPark] Red striped curb on Marine and Prairie?

  • Alene Gardner
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      Alene Gardner
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Gardner, Janet
      To: Alene Gardner ; Frank Chavez
      Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:33 AM
      Subject: RE: [BodgerPark] Red striped curb on Marine and Prairie?

      I was all for the parking restriction until I saw that if people from across Prairie cannot park on the strip area, then they move into our streets and park there, so we would have to combine that with parking permits.

      The best solution that I have heard is to put up a fence on Prairie so that
      a.. people who live across Prairie will find it much more difficult to just park in our subdivision (have to walk a long way to cross the street)
      b.. limited visibility from Pairie will reduce grafitti (no one can see it from Prairie)
      c.. limited visibility from Prairie will reduce people trying to sell cars (no one can see the cars for sale from Prairie)
      Is it legal to sell cars on Prairie? Or do we need to pass another ordinance?

      Jan Gardner

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Living on the Marine side I can tell you that the "For Sale" cars are
        not a problem. We were vigil about calling the Parking Enforcement to
        ticket them after 72 hours and eventually they got tired of moving their
        cars. Red curbs could be a problem. Can we get restricted parking?
        Personally, I think we would need the parking on opposite side street
        sweeping and weekends. By the way, there isn't any street sweeping
        signs on the tree side. When is that side's street sweeping?

        ________________________________

        --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BodgerPark%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          Hello. Okay, once again I am confused. Since I don't live on any of
          the border streets I don't know what all the issues are. I was under the
          impression that it was either Bodger residents that parked their work
          vehicles here or people from anywhere trying to sell their cars with "For
          Sale" signs on them. Neither one seems all that irritating unless they take
          up needed space or are an eye-sore. I didn't realize that folks from across
          the street are utilizing all the space.

          I don't know what the answer is but I can see no place in which to put
          up a fence. I understand the *idea* of making it inconvenient for folks to
          park there but since we have just had all this work done along our borders
          (which looks GREAT, by the way) I can't see blocking it off with some kind
          of fence. I hate to sound greedy but after seeing the new walkways and
          flowers my first thought as a homeowner was, "Cha-Ching!" It's beautiful
          and really adds to our property value.

          Isn't there some middle ground? Like "No Parking" between 6 and 8PM?
          That seems like it would stop most of the outsiders while still allowing the
          natives to move any extra cars that they might have into those spots after
          8. To cover the other end of the spectrum they could also add no parking
          from 10 to 11am. I have seen many parking signs with two times on them.

          This is just a thought, thanks for listening, K