Response to Red Stripe

  • Brenda Lacy-Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 6:34 AM
      While I do not use the Marine and Prairie frontage roads for parking, I
      think we need to give careful thought to limiting our own parking
      access in the community. The permit parking for those streets affected
      by outside parkers is one thing, however, those homes near the frontage
      areas probably enjoy the fact that there is additional parking when
      they have guests or events at their homes. I see the additional
      parking space as a perk rather than a hindrance/nuisance. If the car
      sales are the only issue, than perhaps that should be addressed by
      speaking to those who violate the codes. Given this thought, I will
      support whatever those residents may want who live near those areas.
      Brenda
    • Lupe Madrid
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 9:56 AM
        I think there persons most affected by this would be those of us who
        live on or close to Marine. I don't' agree with the red stripe either.
        We use the space when there is street sweeping, visitors, etc. However,
        a no parking from 8am - 5pm sign would be my vote.

        ________________________________

        While I do not use the Marine and Prairie frontage roads for parking, I
        think we need to give careful thought to limiting our own parking
        access in the community. The permit parking for those streets affected
        by outside parkers is one thing, however, those homes near the frontage
        areas probably enjoy the fact that there is additional parking when
        they have guests or events at their homes. I see the additional
        parking space as a perk rather than a hindrance/nuisance. If the car
        sales are the only issue, than perhaps that should be addressed by
        speaking to those who violate the codes. Given this thought, I will
        support whatever those residents may want who live near those areas.
        Brenda

        *** eSafe detected hostile content in this email and removed it. ***
        \HTML Active Content: Found invalid IMG Tag, Found Web-beacon, Object
        Removed: 1 'img'

      • Gregory Ross
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 10:48 PM
          Another suggestion: How about "no parking on street sweeping day" on one
          side of the street, and "no parking EXCEPT on street sweeping day" on the
          other side?

          My reason for wanting the parking restriction - aside from curtailing the
          long term parking of "for sale" cars - is that when cars are parked on both
          sides of the Marine frontage road, there is very little room to drive
          between them.

          In any case, I agree that residents most affected (among which I am NOT)
          should have the most say about the matter.

          Greg Ross, 146th Street

          _____