Re: [BodgerPark] Burglary on 144th Place

  • katzz4me@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
      Thanks Jim... What are we to do? Daylight no less and Bernie was home.
      144th and
      Doty. Maybe we should invest in the outside camers? and hook them up to
      our computers
      this is not good..

      darlene at 144th and Doty

      an a message dated 3/6/2007 8:52:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      jimbokat@... writes:

      We live on the 3800 block of 144th St. Our neighbor behind us on 144th Pl.
      just came over to tell us that the house directly behind us was (almost)
      burglarized today. The owner pulled up into his driveway, a car pulled up behind
      him & started honking honking her horn, then got out & asked if they knew
      where the Hendersons lived..... no Hendersons here. Looks like the honking lady
      was warning whoever was in the house & so they were able to leave before the
      owner came in. The house was ransacked & a lot of items were outside the back
      door --- like ready to be loaded up & stolen. (Nothing was taken) Also, the
      neighbor next door noticed his back window screen had been removed but no one
      got in. We do not know what time all this happened today but also, last
      Friday (we think), there was an attempt by 2 young kids (one was only about 9,
      riding a Razor Scooter) to break & enter a house at 144th & Doty. Jim & Kathy on
      144th

      Darlene

      http://www.aol.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
        Whoa! This is bad news. But on the other hand, bad stuff happens all
        the time. Now, how to prevent it. What if it is as simple as everyone on
        this list of homeowners makes a commitment to come out of their home at
        least once a day, or twice if they have the time, and just look around their
        area? Be noticable. Walk one house down and one house up. No specific
        times are needed. It's probably better if it's random. The bad guys
        probably won't notice it but I betcha two things will happen: one, they will
        be deterred because for some reason they don't understand people keep
        popping out of their homes, and two: some bad guys will get seen and caught
        due to folks just out for a minute or less. What do y'all think? K

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
          Good Idea I am home most of the day..
          Darlene
          !44th and Doty

          n a message dated 3/6/2007 10:56:08 P.M. Central Standard Time,