The effect of "open borders" on Bodger Park

  • Lawren Freebody
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
      This news article from Sunday is worth reading for anyone interested in the "open borders" situation. Last week I went down to Taco
      Bell on Rosecrans and Prairie and a Mexican radio station was being played loudly over the speaker system. The workers were talking
      amongst themselves in Spanish, and the service was casual, tossing long hair around while taking my order, dragging shoes on the
      floor when walking around. I had to repeat my order a couple of times. I said it too quickly the first time, apparently. I felt like
      I was interrupting them. As I drove away and onto the street, I could still hear the Mexican party music.

      Maybe it's time to start brushing up on our Spanish and embrace this whole idea. At one time Leuzinger was giving adult classes in
      Spanish. We could even think about piping this music into the Oval Office.

      Lawren on 144th St.

      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53023

      Sunday, November 19, 2006

      'Bush doesn't think America should be an actual place'

      Tancredo says president believes nation should be merely 'idea' without borders

      By Joe Kovacs
      © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
        Thank you for your contribution, Lawren. However, I think this information
        on national issues is a bit off topic for the very local orientation of this
        email list.

        Brent

        >From: "Lawren Freebody" Subject: [BodgerPark] The effect of "open borders"
        >on Bodger Park
        >Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:24:49 -0800
        >
        >This news article from Sunday is worth reading for anyone interested in the
        >"open borders" situation. ....
      • TONY BOHORQUEZ
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
          Yes it is an interesting ARTICLE.......but your unfortunate experience of
          bad service, may had more to do with the bad restaurant rather that the
          open borders.
          You always would find some bad employees, here and there ,even in
          Government offices and they are efficient in English.....soooo why don't
          you expand your
          vision . And go and complain to the restaurant owner and do a favor to
          every one.
          The point is to make the best of life for this neighborhood .
          Let's leave to Kramer the trouble of be racist .

          Tony B
          Still Wonderful " Bodger Park "

          > This news article from Sunday is worth reading for anyone interested in
          > the "open borders" situation. Last week I went down to Taco
          > Bell on Rosecrans and Prairie and a Mexican radio station was being played
          > loudly over the speaker system. The workers were talking
          > amongst themselves in Spanish, and the service was casual, tossing long
          > hair around while taking my order, dragging shoes on the
          > floor when walking around. I had to repeat my order a couple of times. I
          > said it too quickly the first time, apparently. I felt like
          > I was interrupting them. As I drove away and onto the street, I could
          > still hear the Mexican party music.
          >
          > Maybe it's time to start brushing up on our Spanish and embrace this whole
          > idea. At one time Leuzinger was giving adult classes in
          > Spanish. We could even think about piping this music into the Oval Office.
          >
          > Lawren on 144th St.
          >
          > http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53023
          >
          > Sunday, November 19, 2006
          >
          > 'Bush doesn't think America should be an actual place'
          >
          > Tancredo says president believes nation should be merely 'idea' without
          > borders
          >
          > By Joe Kovacs
          > © 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • a a
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 21, 2006
            Excuse me.................why should we learn Spanish??
            This is still the USA, right??????????????
            I think it should be the other way around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
              Wow, seems to be a touchy issue. I would have to agree with Tony,
              tho. This person just had a run-in with dumb employees. He/she should
              complain to the manager.

              I have been in the restaurant business for allmost 16 years, so I know
              a bit of whereof I speak. *Most* food joints around these parts are staffed
              by Latinos, and by that I mean the cooks and dishwashers. What we call
              "back of the house." I can honestly say that in my years of working I have
              never met a more hardworking group of people. Every single place that I
              have worked at. These folks usually have at least two jobs and therefore
              work around 16 hours a day, they are usually on time and do a *great* job.
              For the most part they are very accomidating if you need something quickly
              or "prepared "special." Truely, what I have personally found about these
              folks is that after working a long, very hot day in the kitchens they have
              the best sense of humor. They laugh and dance at 11:30 at night while
              scrubbing the floors and grills! I personally would be whining and dropping
              like a fly.

              So please, let's not lump all these people together. The writer of
              that story just got a couple of idiots, it happens everywhere. Sorry, I
              just had to vent 'cause I know that this group of people are really, really
              great. K

            • loryinlala@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 23, 2006
                Hey. why not hooking the managers to the BPNA link-up so that they can
                monitor the feedback from the folks that actually live near by. Brent, should you
                and I pay them a visit and explain the questions to them? Could be that they
                are totally unaware, I'll go with you,
                Should be done before it may turn into a problem. Communitty relations, you
                know. I have had similar experiences with Walgreens. I do believe that if
                we get corporate involved, they will take care of the problems. It worked
                with Jons Market. What say yu?
                Lory on West 146th ST.