Fawn Colored (or light orange) Tabby Cat Hit by Car Yesterday

  • in2thefire
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      I was out in front of my house yesterday (14000 block of Cordary) and
      a small fawn/light orange colored cat ran into the street and was hit
      by a car. She definitely had a broken front leg. She didn't have a
      collar or tags on her. The driver kept going and then his conscience
      got the better of him (as I yelled, "Stop!") and he came back. She
      ran between 2 houses and was panicked and trying to jump a 6 ft. gate.
      I got a blanket and we approached her - I had her almost wrapped up
      and then she got out and bit me pretty badly. I told the driver to
      take her over to Advanced Veterinary Care Center on Inglewood just
      south of Marine (across from Petco, which he did.

      I went for treatment and called the vet to see how she was. They
      submitted a bite report and told me they had to send her to be tested
      for rabies (standard protocol for all animal bites). If anyone knows
      who this little cat belongs to, please pass this along. It was
      heartbreaking...

      Thanks, Leah
    • Alice
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
        I am so glad that there are such great and caring people in this world
        like the two of you. I just rescued a cat that was hit by a car and
        taken to Emergency as well. She is doing wonderfully now, and I hope
        that this little kitty that suffered the same has owners and I hope that
        they will read these messages and pick up their kitty. I am very happy
        that there are others out there like myself who help injured and
        abandoned animals. I will pray for the little kitty.

        Alyssia Parks
        147th & Doty