Kidnapping Alert

  • Penny Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      > >The HPD has released a statement today that there have been 3
      females
      > >abducted in the Hawthorne area since April 24, 2006. The most
      recent was on
      > >May 8, 2006 at 10:00 AM.

      Brent,

      Is the Hawthorne PD aware of the existence of our neighborhood association? Is there a way we could coordinate dissemination of information about items such as this with them?

      My friend lives at the corner of 147th and Yukon. She has 3 teenage daughters and yet was not aware of the attempted abduction which apparently happened right in front of her house until her husband heard it on the news yesterday. I live a block away with a college age daughter and only recieved notice by an email from a friend elsewhere in this neighborhood. If the only alerts are put out through the local public schools, the police dept. is missing those whose children attend private school, public schools located close to their employers, homeschoolers, college students -- a large population of young women who should have been warned and could still be vulnerable.

      It seems like an official alert from Hawthorne PD could also have gone to this email list and could have been spread door-to-door in a several block radius of each incident. If the PD lacks manpower to pass out flyers, I'll volunteer.

      Penny Ross