Re: [BodgerPark] Re: No Parking Signs / permit parking

  • James Radek
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
      I called Public works and they told me that there is a 2 week grace time . they are trying to wook out sonething to do with the tickets .the city may have to take all of them back .they also say theydon't have guest parking signs but yjey never do an area this big somaybe we can get them to do some rethinking about that .

      Shannon <jmnycricket22@...> wrote: Does anyone else feel frustrated about the lack of guest parking?
      Parking on the street so my friends can park in my driveway for a
      freind or two to visit is one thing, but how about things like
      birthday parties or holiday celebrations?

      I also say thank goodness for this list... If it weren't for BPNA, I
      also would have had no idea how to go about getting a permit or
      knowing when the ticketing was set to begin. It seems like the city
      should have sent a letter or something to residents on the affected
      streets...

      Also, I don't know if this is related to the permit signs or not,
      but as I left for work this morning a little before 8am, Hawthorne
      parking enforcement was issuing tickets to people parked on the west
      side of Doty between 144th St and Rosecrans. It looked like they
      were just starting, and might have been planning on working their
      way south down the Doty corridor. The west side of the street has
      street sweeping on Fridays, not Mondays, so that wasn't the
      issue... I'd be really PO'd if I was a resident parked there
      without a permit when the city had given me no information that
      signs were going up or how to get a permit. Then again, the
      citations may have been for something else...

      Shannon on 144th St.

      --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, James Radek <jimbokat@...> wrote:

      > They won't start enforcing the parking for about 10 days , that is
      what the city worker told me . we got our parking permit at city
      hall It's $10 .00 each car limit 3 per address and there is NO
      visitor or guest parking permits . When we have guest over we'll
      have to park on the street and let them park in the driveway . I

    • Andrew Oshiro
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
        Does this parking with permit only cover all of Bodger Park or only certain areas?

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
          It only covers some streets on the north end of Bodger Park. If you don't
          see a sign outside your house, then you are not covered.

          Brent

          >From: Andrew Oshiro <oshirofamily@...>
          >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Re: No Parking Signs / permit parking
          >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:55:06 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Does this parking with permit only cover all of Bodger Park or only certain
          >areas?
          >

          >---------------------------------

        • Chris Call
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
            What streets specifically, you would think that Marine and all the streets surrounding Marine would definately be them. But I have not seen any signs anywhere. If it is not all of Bodger Park what is going to happen is that people are not going to park where there is permitted parking they are going to go to the parts that don't have permitted parking and ruin it for the rest of the neighborhood. That just doesn't seem right, its all of Bodger Park or none of it. Could you imagine, people in permitted parking have a party and say you can park here, here and here, those areas are not permitted. Whose idea was it to only do part of BP and not all of it. We are all affected.

            Chris (Kornblum & Marine)

            Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:

            It only covers some streets on the north end of Bodger Park. If you don't
            see a sign outside your house, then you are not covered.

            Brent

            >From: Andrew Oshiro <oshirofamily@...>
            >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Re: No Parking Signs / permit parking
            >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:55:06 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Does this parking with permit only cover all of Bodger Park or only certain
            >areas?
            >

            >---------------------------------

          • oshirofamily
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
              That is good to hear. We tend to have quite a few family gathering at
              our home and this would have been tough to take.

              What are the pressing issues on the BPNA agenda?

              Thanks,
              andrew
            • Lupe Madrid
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
                We have a guy that parks on Kornblum near Marine for days. He lives
                east of Yukon. We have at least 5 regulars that leave their cars parked
                on Marine and don't live in the area. These people know they can't park
                for more than 72 hours, so they move the cars across the street or a few
                cars spaces up. I think that "No overnight parking without permit"
                might work on the South side of Bodger Park.

              • jsls110@aol.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
                  Brent,
                  There must be something that I've missed regarding "no parking". What is the
                  reason for this and when did it become law? Why some areas of Bodger Park
                  and not others, and how long will it be before it effects the entire area?
                  Thanks,
                  Stewarts on Doty

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
                    Hi Andrew -

                    Our pressing issues are the ones that the members bring us.

                    Traffic control is a big one. Right now, I am trying to explore with City
                    staff implementing traffic circles at intersections where people tend to
                    ignore stop signs. There's been a request for a "no right turn between 6 AM
                    and 8AM" at Marine and Gherkin as well as a request to mark the
                    Marine/Gherkin intersection with "keep intersection clear".

                    Code enforcement came through a few weeks back and issued a number of
                    violations - the most obvious result is that many houses have removed their
                    pup tent garages. We had only asked for enforcement on issues that some
                    members brought to us at the last meeting, so the extra attention was
                    unexpected. Although we never set up the BPNA to be an enforcement arm of
                    the City, I do feel this is an improvement to our looks.

                    Brent

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 3, 2006
                      Residents at the north end of Bodger Park have been complaining for years
                      about how the nearby streets are used for long term parking, business
                      parking, and storage. In many cases, the car owners live elsewhere. The
                      parking situation was very contentious, ranging from non verbal threats by
                      the car owners to parking on corners and into driveways. On streetsweeping
                      days there was NO parking available. There was often no room for trash cans
                      on trash day.

                      After looking at all the alternatives, I took my cue from the residents. A
                      majority of them and the BPNA petitioned the City for the "preferred parking
                      district" (aka permit parking). We asked for parking enforcement between 2
                      AM and 10 AM, which would have prevented the overnight parking while
                      allowing normal guest parking during the day. The City did not go with our
                      requested hours of enforecement. This may be something that we can iron out
                      or it may be a deal breaker for the residents. Time will tell.

                      Permitted parking extends along Doty from Rosecrans to W 146th/147th, and
                      all along W 144th St and Place with the exception of one block that did not
                      have enough signatures despite being canvassed four times.

                      There are no plans to extend this program unless residents ask for it.

                      Brent

                      >From: jsls110@...
                      >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Re: No Parking Signs / permit parking
                      >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:51:17 EDT
                      >
                      >Brent,
                      >There must be something that I've missed regarding "no parking". What is
                      >the
                      >reason for this and when did it become law? Why some areas of Bodger Park
                      >and not others, and how long will it be before it effects the entire area?
                      >Thanks,
                      >Stewarts on Doty

                    • Chris Call
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 4, 2006
                        I am asking for it to be extended and I am sure if somebody would have taken others opinions somebody would have seen that we are having problems at the north end too.

                        Thanks.

                        Chris

                        Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...> wrote:

                        Residents at the north end of Bodger Park have been complaining for years
                        about how the nearby streets are used for long term parking, business
                        parking, and storage. In many cases, the car owners live elsewhere. The
                        parking situation was very contentious, ranging from non verbal threats by
                        the car owners to parking on corners and into driveways. On streetsweeping
                        days there was NO parking available. There was often no room for trash cans
                        on trash day.

                        After looking at all the alternatives, I took my cue from the residents. A
                        majority of them and the BPNA petitioned the City for the "preferred parking
                        district" (aka permit parking). We asked for parking enforcement between 2
                        AM and 10 AM, which would have prevented the overnight parking while
                        allowing normal guest parking during the day. The City did not go with our
                        requested hours of enforecement. This may be something that we can iron out
                        or it may be a deal breaker for the residents. Time will tell.

                        Permitted parking extends along Doty from Rosecrans to W 146th/147th, and
                        all along W 144th St and Place with the exception of one block that did not
                        have enough signatures despite being canvassed four times.

                        There are no plans to extend this program unless residents ask for it.

                        Brent

                        >From: jsls110@...
                        >To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [BodgerPark] Re: No Parking Signs / permit parking
                        >Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:51:17 EDT
                        >
                        >Brent,
                        >There must be something that I've missed regarding "no parking". What is
                        >the
                        >reason for this and when did it become law? Why some areas of Bodger Park
                        >and not others, and how long will it be before it effects the entire area?
                        >Thanks,
                        >Stewarts on Doty

                      • Andrew Oshiro
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 4, 2006
                          Thanks for the update. If you need any assistance
                          please let me know and I will help where I can. I
                          would love to speak with you about these sometimes.

                          It seems like parking issue has become a real hot
                          topic now. As we can now see permit parking does have
                          positive affects on the neighborhood, but it also
                          presents some negatives as well. If we can also bring
                          up some of the negatives on an issue as well as the
                          positives, than hopefully we can all make better
                          informed decisions regarding these issues.

                          Just some thought.

                          I believe we live very close to eachother. Hopefully
                          we will get to meet face to face one day.

                          Thanks,
                          andrew oshiro on Doty

                          http://mail.yahoo.com