Re: [BodgerPark] VERY LOUD MUSIC

  • jsls110@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2006
      These people were well aware of how far their noise carried. They had it
      blaring from their backyard until 1a.m. I was told the police were there 2 or 3
      times, but couldn't do much about it. This house has had loud parties there
      before, but never so late at night. I don't know if it is the same family or a
      prior tenant. The people living in that house are renters.
      It was very disturbing, not only to us (we live a few houses down the
      street), but especially to the families who were closer. Four of the houses that
      are nearer are owned by people who have been here for many years and are in
      their late 60's - late 70's.
      If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with this situation if & when it
      happens again, please post them.
      Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
        You need to call 911 from your landline and make a noise disturbance
        complaint. 911 calls are recorded and tracked. There will be a record of
        your call if the operator tries to convince you that you should not be
        calling or that the police will not respond. If that is the case, the
        operator wil be reprimanded. Note the time and date of your call. Call the
        watch commander at HPD if you feel like you get the run around from police
        that respond or from 911.

        Fines for noise disturbances in Hawthorne are free for the first contact
        with police, $200 fine for the 2nd contact, $500 for the third contact, and
        $1000 for fourth and afterwards.

        Brent