Re: [BodgerPark] VERY LOUD MUSIC

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2006
      Not sure if there is a 'time' per sey, I believe that disturbing your neighbor's right to a somewhat peaceful exhistance is always in effect. The police showed up at approx. 10 pm once when my son's party was too loud. I would suggest speaking with your neighbor re. this problem. Is this the first time that this has happened? Lots of times folks don't realise how their noise carries. k

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2006
        These people were well aware of how far their noise carried. They had it
        blaring from their backyard until 1a.m. I was told the police were there 2 or 3
        times, but couldn't do much about it. This house has had loud parties there
        before, but never so late at night. I don't know if it is the same family or a
        prior tenant. The people living in that house are renters.
        It was very disturbing, not only to us (we live a few houses down the
        street), but especially to the families who were closer. Four of the houses that
        are nearer are owned by people who have been here for many years and are in
        their late 60's - late 70's.
        If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with this situation if & when it
        happens again, please post them.
        Thanks

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2006
          You need to call 911 from your landline and make a noise disturbance
          complaint. 911 calls are recorded and tracked. There will be a record of
          your call if the operator tries to convince you that you should not be
          calling or that the police will not respond. If that is the case, the
          operator wil be reprimanded. Note the time and date of your call. Call the
          watch commander at HPD if you feel like you get the run around from police
          that respond or from 911.

          Fines for noise disturbances in Hawthorne are free for the first contact
          with police, $200 fine for the 2nd contact, $500 for the third contact, and
          $1000 for fourth and afterwards.

          Brent