Re: [BodgerPark] Short Christmas Wish List

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2005
      I feel the need to weigh in on this issue. I live on Fonthill between Ruthbar and Doty (or 147th, whatever.) I am not in favor of speed bumps of any kind, just don't like them nor do I think they will change the attitude of drivers. People who aren't considerate of others aren't all that intelligent either, so they'll speed to their own detriment anyhoo. Used to be that once in a while the police (on motorcycles) would sit at the corner. My goodness, the money they must have made for our city! Heck, iffin it wasn't so early in the mornin I would have taken a chair out there to watch and be entertained! I think that if they can reinstate this policy on a regular basis, things might change. Most of the folks that break the rules are regulars. Make a consentrated effort for maybe one month, 3 times a week. Then scale it back to once a week with more frequient monitoring when folks forget. Behaviour modification is a wonderful thing, but it takes time. K