Re: [BodgerPark] Re: Anyone else having phone/DSL trouble?

  • Jessica Sharman
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 28, 2005
      Thanks for the information Sue. I'll see if my husband can go out and take a look.
      Jessica

      Sue Moret <suemoret@...> wrote:
      Jessica, My SBC DSL was also always down when it rains until I was
      was going to cancel my service; then just last week my husband went
      out and checked the wires between the box and the house with a
      magnifying glass and noticed a miniscule speck (looked like dirt) on
      each the blue and white wires which apparently were holes in the
      insulation and when it rains, the moisture creates a bridge for a
      connection which knocks the service out.

      Sue
      --- In BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Sharman
      <jessicaasharman@y...> wrote:

      > Yes, we have SBC/DSL and while we do not have telephone problems,
      we constantly have DSL problems. The problems seem to worsen when it
      rains. It is quite bothersome and we are going to cancel the service
      as soon as our contract is up.
      > Jessica
      > Doty Ave
      >
      > Penny Ross <OneCentCoin@P...> wrote:
      > Our phone has been out of order for the past several days -- we
      can't dial out and people trying to dial in get a busy signal.
      Meanwhile, our DSL service (through SBC -- our phone provider as
      well) has been very intermittent. Repairman is coming out tomorrow.

      > Anyone else with SBC in the neighborhood having trouble?
      >
      > Penny Ross
      > 146th St.

      > E government Government procurement Government leasing Government
      grants for women Government lease Government contract

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

      E government Government procurement Government leasing Government grants for women Government lease Government contract

    • Andrew Oshiro
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2005
        We have an SBC Phone line and a seperate fax line.
        After it the rain about a month or so ago we started
        having trouble witht the phone line, but not the fax
        line. It took about a week, but SBC finally came out
        and found that the problem was with the with some
        switch on a telephone pole on Prairie and it had
        gotten wet in the rain. It doesn't really make sense
        to me, but that is what the technician told us. He
        checked the box at our home and then took his truck to
        Prairie, climbed some pole and our problem was fixed.

        Maybe this could be the same problem as it rained last
        week.

        Hopefully it helps.

        HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE,
        andrew oshiro