3964Re: [BodgerPark] Proposed Budget 2014-2015

  • Jose Gutierrez
    Jul 22, 2014
      It would be a contribution to CalPERS if there were a large group of individuals retiring from the City, but that is not the case.

      There is a $2.22M increase for "Non-Departmental" costs on page 31 of the public document.  What is this? Why such a large increase?

      Also, these figures look like an attempt to add fictitious (wishful thinking) revenue:

       $60,000 - item 100-109-1941 - Passport Services - page 19
         $7,000 - item 100-109-1942 - Notary Services - page 19
         $7,000 - item 100-109-1943 - Marriage License fees page 19
      $280,000 - item 461-101-1107 - Property Tax incremental - page25
      $400,000 - item 476-101-1107 - Property Tax incremental - page 27
      $425,711 - item 520-120-21162 - Airport Lease revenues - page 28
        $56,111 - item 810-108-1875 - Federal Section 8 Voucher - page 30

      $1,235,111 Million in anticipated (wishful) revenue.  This anticipated revenue should be explained in detail, and with solid financial backing as to why the City is expecting these numbers to be where they are at.

      There is probably more, but the City only made public a very limited number of financial pages.

      Best regards,

      Jose C. Gutierrez

      This electronic communication may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s), any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this electronic communication is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received this message, and delete it.  Thank you.

      On Jul 22, 2014, at 4:06 PM, "Katheryne Koelker flyingbug@... [BodgerPark]" <BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Perhaps a contribution to CalPERS?  Would Hawthorne employees be covered under that?

      On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:49 PM, "Jose Gutierrez jose@... [BodgerPark]" <BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Proposed Budget 2014-2015

      Dear Council members, I urge you to postpone (table for further discussion) tonight's proposed budget resolution.

      I'm deeply concerned about the proposed $3.4M increased expenditures be department on page 8 of the public document, and $1.8M increase in personnel costs on page 9.

      Did Hawthorne hire more staff last year?  I thought you passed a moratorium on new hires. Why are we spending more when we have a deficit?

      Please postpone tonight's vote on the budget.

      Respectfully,

      Jose C. Gutierrez

      This electronic communication may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s), any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this electronic communication is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received this message, and delete it.  Thank you.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic