3952Hawthorne is now planning to fix the sidewalks - after charging residents $$ to fix 'em themselves

  • lisahaleymusic
    Jul 19, 2014
      Hawthorne is now planning to fix the sidewalks - after charging residents $$ to fix 'em themselves.

      This problem has been ongoing:

      - For the past several years, an ordinance has been in place that
      if a Hawthorne resident files a building permit to fix or renovate their home,
      - That individual resident has been hit with a HUGE bill to also fix the City-owned sidewalk in front of their home!

      Now, this week, our streets have placed "notice to repair sidewalk" orange cones and signs around the neighborhood.

      Questions:
      1.)  Are residents who were recently billed $$$ to fix the sidewalk going to now be reimbursed?

      2.) Has the number of building / renovation filings decreased to the point where our city officials are finally realizing their unfair "sidewalk repair" clause is costing the city money? (not to mention causing residents to postpone beautifying the neighborhood?)

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic