3668Re: [BodgerPark] Farewell Brunch at The Proud Bird

    Oct 28, 2013
      Great idea, Lawren!!!  Jim gets back from his trip to Indiana on the 15th so I think we will certainly want to attend!  Do we make our reservations directly thru the Proud Bird (Turkey..lol) of thru you?  I will talk to Jimbo tomorrow & let you know what he says.  Thank You!

      From: Lawren Freebody <lfreebody@...>
      To: BodgerPark@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:50 PM
      Subject: [BodgerPark] Farewell Brunch at The Proud Bird

      Hello gang!

      I'm organizing an event surrounding the closing of The Proud Bird Restaurant on November 17, which is Sunday Brunch. They officially close to the public on the 21st. It is not in Hawthorne, but it is very close, and many Hawthorne residents know about it as a landmark at LAX for 48 years. It's has added significance for me because as I was growing up our hone phone number was really close to theirs and we'd get lots of calls asking for The Proud Bird. My mother would smartly reply that we were the Proud Turkey. And so it goes. We're still the Proud Turkey!

      I have arranged live entertainment in the form of retired Brigadier General R. Pierce in authentic regalia and re-enactment of George Patton. More big shots will be there and it will be fun. We're looking at a group of about 25.

      If anyone from the Bodger Park community would like to join us down there, that would be November 17th at 11am, we would be delighted to have you join us.

      But please make your reservation early and let me know so I can contact the Proud Bird and make sure our tables are placed together or in close proximity. Do call soon. This is the final Sunday Brunch at The Proud Bird and it will sell out.

      Lawren Freebody

      Proud family resident of Bodger Park since 1957.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic