      From: Brent Morgan <brentamorgan@...>
      Subject: RE: [BodgerPark] FW: Request for comment, Measure CV
      To: bodgerpark@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 8:39 AM

      I read the response, and it's not surprising that older buildings are not compliant with current codes.  However, that doesn't address my concern that the 2010 Measure CV is a Christmas list - Should Measure CV pass, there is NO plan contained within the Measure, either directly or by reference, that says how the bond funds will be spent other than a wish list ranging from minor deferred maintenance items to completely new buildings.  If I'm being asked to vote on additional annual fees of $30 per $100k of home valuation for the next 30 years, then I'd like to know what I'm voting for.

      This is not a matter of being wiling or unwilling to do the right thing for our students.  I regularly do the right thing for students and I voted for the 2008 Measure CV, also a $98 million bond issue.  This is a matter of preferring to vote for a plan that is well thought out and stated in such a way that there are clear, observable, and achievable goals associated with the nearly $100 million in spending that will take place.

      Brent

      To: bodgerpark@yahoogroups.com
      From: kevin_schaaf@...
      Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:36:51 -0700
      Subject: [BodgerPark] FW: Request for comment, Measure CV

      After reading Brent's concerns, I requested some additional information from the Centinela Valley superintendent's office.  Here is the response:

      Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:53:14 -0700

      From: tvazquez55@...

      Subject: Fw: Request for comment, Measure CV

      To: kevin_schaaf@...

      Hi Kevin,

      I hope the statement below will answer most of the questions you had about Measure CV thank you for willing to do the right thing for our students.