Re: [BoardRCA] Newsletter

  • Cindy Lehman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 11:56 AM
      Hi Kathleen-

      Since our next mtg is coming up soon, should we wait and distribute an April/May newsletter.  The yard sale signs are making people aware of the May 10th date, which was the most pressing date for the April newsletter.

      By the way, Becky Tartline confirmed the June 11th date for the first block party.  Becky, Tammy, and I will work together with grilling, setup, etc.

      As for the newsletter position, I only made one phone call - to the Tenans  - and haven't received a response.  I'll call other neighbors on our list soon.

      Cindy Lehman
      717-732-5208 (home)
      cindy.lehman@...
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5 10:41 AM
        Kathleen,

        I'm passing along feedback from one of our residents who is well
        connected with events and news in our area and because of previous
        experience decided not to participate in our event:

        Her advice is that we need to be vigilent with respect to general
        secrity around our neighborhood because a few shady characters may
        use this event as an opportunity to "case" our community for
        vulnerabilities--which could be:

        articals of personal property that can easily be removed without
        permission should property owners be absent this day; (grills, and
        other lawn equipment, for example)

        general information about our community that might disclose personal
        information about a property owner;

        the identity of property owners who have less capacity to
        aggressisvely manage their property (perhaps our elderly, single
        women, etc.) and who might later become victims..

        Close your garage and lock your home entrances during this event to
        discourage random entry into home/property or garage; (In one event
        years ago, I had a customer search my garage while I was attending to
        another customer and I would never know if something was lifted;

        Watch your small children...

        In the past, I never gave these issues any thought, but certainly in
        today's world there may be some merit from her advice.

        Thanks,

        Ed Kloske

        --- In BoardRCA@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy Lehman" <cindy.lehman@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Kathleen-
        >
        > Since our next mtg is coming up soon, should we wait and distribute
        an April/May newsletter. The yard sale signs are making people aware
        of the May 10th date, which was the most pressing date for the April
        newsletter.

        > By the way, Becky Tartline confirmed the June 11th date for the
        first block party. Becky, Tammy, and I will work together with
        grilling, setup, etc.

        > As for the newsletter position, I only made one phone call - to the
        Tenans - and haven't received a response. I'll call other neighbors
        on our list soon.

        > Cindy Lehman
        > 717-732-5208 (home)
        > cindy.lehman@...

      • Andy_Kathleen
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 11:49 AM
          Ed,
          Are you referring to just the yard sale event?