We launched New Windows 8 Yahoo Group!

  • bluecollarpc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012

      We launched New Windows 8 Yahoo Group!

      Hello all, we have launched our new Windows 8 Yahoo Group and all are welcome to join ! We look forward to the release scheduled for this Fall, 2012. Many Windows XP Users are still out here, but XP will soon be retired - 2013/14? Many upgraded to Windows 7 skipping Windows Vista. Security wise, Windows Vista was the MOST secure Windows version EVER ! Did you know that viruses "can not write to the disk" on Vista ?

      That means any virus attempting to infect Windows Vista ended up in temporary files that were as easily simply deleted as junk files when you closed the browser set to Delete All Temporary Internet Files When Closing Browser - or simply running a clean up utility for this such as the ever popular CCleaner. As well, rootkits (malware) were not able to run on Windows Vista.

      Too many Users rejected Windows Vista and many involved in "Vista Bashing" and the security UAC (User Account Control) was basically downgraded to launch Windows 7 which became more popular (Vista accounting for just above 10 percent sales worldwide) . Go figure? It seems the first time EVER that an operating system was downgraded security wise at the public's request! Windows 8 with many innovations - obviously - will include the newer technology to prevent rootkits and bootkits (malware) from infecting the system. Perhaps this was lent and reinvented from that awesome security ability in Vista.

      It is an upgraded newer technology in Windows 8 as rootkits / bootkits (malware) start up as the computer is starting up BUT before the Windows system is fully booting which includes any antimalware (antivirus, antispyware) products starting and protecting the system against malware start ups that may have infected PC. Once a rootkit infects the system, it rapidly is able to hide from antivirus/antirootkit products scanning for them. These rootkits / bootkits remain generally as undetected because of this, as rootkits have always been a worst enemy of Windows and other systems such as Linux. The only cure generally has been to wipe (erase the computer disk) and reinstall Windows to Factory Fresh. Many times antimalware and anti-rootkit products are able to detect them, but are unable to remove them successfully.

      Windows 8 has addressed these in response from Microsoft new technologies and includes the innovation and many new features of Windows 8, and seems more exciting than the innovative Windows XP release was in the day. Note there was one episode whereby this technology was 'cracked' by an apparent "proof of concept" in the Windows 8 preview versions that have been in use for awhile now. This, if ever successful, would be an extreme unlikely event in cyber criminal areas of usage. No doubt as in a 'beta' test version released to the public and techhies to discover bugs before formal release - this has been investigated and revisions made if needed before the formal release of Windows 8 to the public shortly.

      Windows8Club ยท Windows 8 PC Help Club

      Welcome to Windows 8 PC Help Club.... Windows 8 is an operating system produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, and home theater PCs. It is part of the Windows NT family of operating systems and succeeds Windows 7.
      Development of this operating system started before the release of its predecessor in 2009. Its existence was first announced in January 2011 at Consumer Electronics Show. During its development and test phases, Microsoft released three pre-release versions: Developer Preview (September 13, 2011), Consumer Preview (February 29, 2012), and Release Preview (May 31, 2012). On August 1, 2012, Windows 8 graduated from the development stage and was released to manufacturing. Windows 8 is slated for general availability on October 26, 2012.

      Windows 8 is built based on Metro design language and introduces a new form of "Windows 8-style software", which may only be obtained through Windows Store. Windows 8 also features a new start screen, Internet Explorer 10, native support for USB 3.0, a new Windows Defender that combats malware (instead of only spyware), Windows To Go, and support for UEFI SecureBoot.

      Windows 8 is available in four major editions: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise, and Windows RT. The first three have almost the same hardware requirements as that of Windows 7. The latter, however, runs on tablet computers with ARM architecture and has different hardware requirements. Hardware vendors willing to receive Microsoft's certification for such devices need to adhere to a list of certification requirements. Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows RT will not be available at retail outlets.

      Windows 8
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview