Re: Charles Morton Awarded a Bloody Bill Anderson's Pistol

  • William & Gay Mathis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008

      Samuel P. Cox

      http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=90

      Excerpt:

      "Clell Miller, afterwards a noted bank robber and a desperate character, was wounded in this fight and taken prisoner. It was with difficulty I restrained my men and the citizens from lynching him. Miller was afterwards killed in a bank robbery in Northfield, MN. "When Bill Anderson fell from his horse, took o­ne of his pistols and Adolph Vogel, now living near Jameson, who was a bugler of my command, I took a brace of six pistols from around his body. We also took $600 in money, o­ne gold and o­ne silver watch from his clothing, and o­ne of these watches, two of the pistols and the fine gray mare Anderson rode were afterwards given me by the Brigadier Gen. James Craig."

      **********************

      Gay

      --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fran Bolton" <Jfrbol@...> wrote:

      > See our subfile "Bloody Bill's Belongings.gif
      > Bloody Bill's Personal Belongings at His Death" under file "William T
      > Anderson's death" Fran
      >

      > --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "William & Gay
      > Mathis" lgmathis2002@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Charles Morton Awarded a Bloody Bill Anderson's Pistol

      > p?\
      > >
      > op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=121&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0>
      > >
      > > http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?
      > op=modload&nam\
      > > e=News&file=article&sid=121
      > > <http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?
      > op=modload&na\
      > > me=News&file=article&sid=121>
      > >
      > > ***************************
      > >
      > > Where are all the pistols today?
      > >
      > > *************************
      > >
      > > Gay

    • gly_nda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
         From my Goodspeed History of Franklin, Washington, Crawford and Gasconade  MO. Counties originally published in 1888:

        "Upon the body of Anderson was found $300 in gold, $150.00 in treasury notes, six revolvers, and several orders from Gen. Price."

        Glynda

        --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "William & Gay Mathis" <lgmathis2002@...> wrote:

        > Samuel P. Cox
        >
        > http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?op=modload&nam\
        > e=News&file=article&sid=90
        > <http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?op=modload&na\
        > me=News&file=article&sid=90>
        >
        > Excerpt:
        >
        > "Clell Miller, afterwards a noted bank robber and a desperate character,
        > was wounded in this fight and taken prisoner. It was with difficulty I
        > restrained my men and the citizens from lynching him. Miller was
        > afterwards killed in a bank robbery in Northfield, MN. "When Bill
        > Anderson fell from his horse, took o­ne of his pistols and Adolph
        > Vogel, now living near Jameson, who was a bugler of my command, I took a
        > brace of six pistols from around his body. We also took $600 in money,
        > o­ne gold and o­ne silver watch from his clothing, and o­ne
        > of these watches, two of the pistols and the fine gray mare Anderson
        > rode were afterwards given me by the Brigadier Gen. James Craig."
        >
        > **********************
        >
        > Gay
        >

        > --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fran Bolton"
        > Jfrbol@ wrote:
        > >

        > > See our subfile "Bloody Bill's Belongings.gif
        > > Bloody Bill's Personal Belongings at His Death" under file "William T
        > > Anderson's death" Fran
        > >

        > > --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "William & Gay
        > > Mathis" lgmathis2002@ wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Charles Morton Awarded a Bloody Bill Anderson's Pistol

        > > p?\
        > > >
        > > op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=121&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0>
        > > >
        > > > http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?
        > > op=modload&nam\
        > > > e=News&file=article&sid=121
        > > > <http://www.daviesscountyhistoricalsociety.com/modules.php?
        > > op=modload&na\
        > > > me=News&file=article&sid=121>

        > > > Where are all the pistols today?

        > > > Gay

      • gly_nda
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008

          Makes one wonder what happened to Jim M. Anderson's two gold watches two years later ? Great post,Gay.

          Glynda