Recapping Our Files

  • Fran Bolton
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2012
      To refresh readers on what they will find in our files:

      Sgt_Thomas_Goodman_BBMS.pdf
      3490 KB naturaltexas... Jul 16, 2009
      "A Thrilling Record", by Sergeant Thomas Goodman

      WmT_Anderson_Confed_Record01s.jpg
      84 KB naturaltexas... Oct 16, 2009
      Wm. T. Anderson's Confederate Record part 1
      WmT_Anderson_Confed_Record02s.jpg
      101 KB naturaltexas... Oct 16, 2009
      Wm. T. Anderson's Confederate Record part 2

      Excerpt from Anderson's Confederate record pt 2:
      "Captain William T Anderson, Missouri, Captain of a Guerilla organization.
      For record see Rebellion Records under W Anderson and WT Anderson. (my comment- so much for claims his middle name was Columbus!)
      See also report dated "Headquarters, 33rd Regiment Enrolled MO Militia, Hamilton MO, Oct 31, 1864, addressed to Gen Craig, filed with unpublished records in Box 2 of papers received too late for publication in Rebellion Records"

      http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/m/moawar/waro.html
      Fran
    • Rollie Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2012
        delusion /de·lu·sion/ (dĕ-loo´zhun) an idiosyncratic false belief that is firmly maintained in spite of incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary.  delu´sional

        TO WIT:
        O R 52 and O R 52 supplement describing the death of William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson and items found on his body (not in his saddlebags)
        Before and after photographs of the body of William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson
        Sgt. Thomas Goodman's identification of Bloody Bill as William T. Anderson
        1860 federal census of the household of William C. Anderson of Breckenridge County, KS Territory, including William T. Anderson, age 21, and Josephine Anderson.
        March 1864 marriage license of Lieut William T. Anderson and Miss Bush Smith
        Death certificate of F. M. Anderson; birth date May 1864, birthplace Brownwood, father William Anderson, mother Martha Elizabeth Anderson

        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2012
          I once gave the "Bloody Bill was William C Anderson of Brownwood" promoter the opportunity to provide his list of documented proof he was. As much as he struggled to provide such a list, he had to admit defeat and changed the subject to a subject he is more comfortable with. That resulted in the end of his short membership.

          Fran
        • Jfrbol@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2012
            If the shoe was on the other foot, this staggering amount of proof the two William Andersons were two would be accepted and thankfully embraced, as we do. The Bloody Bill lived in Brownwood promoter praises his member researchers for believing his word alone, not for their research contributions.
            One difference in that group and our's is that we don't require an interested person to join in order to read our messages. There is no "count" function for readers.
            I realize Bloody Bill does not draw the same size audience that other men of his ilk do, but rather a smaller audience that has a personal reason to research him.

            Fran