Summer

  • Fran Bolton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
      It is HOT and dry in TX, the whole state has been declared a disaster area due to the widespread drought.
      It must have been very uncomfortable back in William C Anderson's day, with nothing more than a shady porch to cool off.
      I can't imagine the housewifes daily cooking over a wood stove in long dresses, etc.....
      Summer brings vacations, so I want to bring back to the forefront of messages one from last year:
      "Re: Brownwood Reunion Celebration//Colorado State Fair Message #2207

      Hi Bob, I've been acting like you these past few days, getting rid of the grass
      that grew under my feet and stuck to my shoes!
      I traveled across three states in 10 days. (As you may know, it is not safe to
      mention your travel plans on this forum ahead of time, as a previously banned
      member read this forum, investigated the names of those who did, and posted
      their unattended home addresses, phone numbers, incomes, and other info. He then
      urged the members of his own forum to use the same program he used. While this
      banned member may claim he did no wrong, as some of that info is public
      information, the fact is, he did it without their knowledge or permission.)

      The Brownwood Reunion Celebration was started in 2001, and the purpose
      of the Celebration was to launch the "world's best small town web site," and in
      doing so, share with friends and family around the corner and around the world
      all the wonderful things about living in Brownwood, Texas, U.S.A.
      Their site gives this reason they have continued to hold the celebration since
      then: "You want to know why does a community of 1500+ volunteers do this each
      year? We do this for them, the children"

      I have word from a member of the Chamber of Commerce that this is likely their
      last year.
      Sadly, Brownwood is going to need a new reason to compete with the fun one has
      at the CO State Fair! Fran" End of message.

      Speaking of the Brownwood Reunion, be sure to check out the headliners for this year, one is young country artist Easton Corbin. His hit song "A Little More Country than That" will leave you thinking you are listening to George Straight!
      Whatever problems Brownwood had with the reunions have been ironed out, and it is a go for this Sept.
      http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=8&layout=blog&Itemid=67
      Now, if they could come up with a plan to rid the area of chiggers!

      Fran
    • Sally Goodson

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2011
          I don't call scratching for weeks FUN! I need to research what to eat to make my body repel them before they can stay for lunch.
          Bob James suggested coal oil. Not to drink, but to rub on my ankles!