Re: Descendants of the Clements of Brown County

  • Fran Bolton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      Thanks for sharing this interesting visit. I firmly believe one makes a better connection to his ancestors if he can stand on the same soil, and look over the same vistas, flora and fauna. It is an experience every researcher should strive to make happen at least once.
      To make such a trip worthwhile, one needs to fully understand who their ancestor was, and their place in history. Can you imagine trying to connect to the wrong ancestor, if you didn't know your family history?

      I'd like to add to your "tenderfoot" story about TX ranch lands... I have seen many out of state visitors surprised at the custom of rural Texan drivers waving at each vehicle they meet while traveling the country roads. Just being neighborly!

      I can't imagine a more neighborly person to help in such an adventure of learning about or documenting their family history in Brown County than "Just Old Clay".

      Fran