Bloody Bill

  • Fran Bolton
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
      Summer is finally, finally, winding down for the year 2010 in my part of the country. The days are bearable to be outdoors, the nights are cooling down so that AC does not run 24/7.

      Bloody Bill Anderson is resting quietly in his final home in the grounds of MO.
      William C Uncle Billy Anderson is doing the same in his final home in the grounds of TX.

      While this board itself is quiet and peaceful for the time being, most members are busy working on other projects and their daily lives. For me, one of those other projects involves searching high and low for any new info on either Bill.

      This group has gathered and put together files and links to prove who each man was in his own rightful world, so any additional record or document found will be icing on that cake.

      Fran
    • Sally Goodson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
        I can't imagine finding anything better than the Brown County 1859 abstract map! It would be great to find a death certificate but so far I know of 3 Brown County relatives that died in 1927, Uncle Bill included in the three, that appear not to have death certificates around. So, I don't expect to ever find one. There must have been a mouse at the office of whomever did the death certificates for the county back then.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
          Yes, I agree that map proved what Anderson family researchers have said about the family coming to TX, then some of them returned to MO for a short time, before returning to TX permanently.

          As for WCA's death certificate, evidently there never was one issued, or recorded. From our files:

          TX Death Index page without WC Anderson.png
          TX Death Index page showing page where WC Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate was issued in that name

          TX Death Index page without William Anderson.png
          TX Death Index page showing where William Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate were issued in that name.

          TX Death Index page without William C Anderson.png
          TX Death Index showing page where William C Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate was issued in that name. A check of other possible names for WC Anderson included Bill, Billy, W, WC, Will, Willie, Willy, with none found to be William Columbus Anderson.

          A rumor that the death certificate was stolen didn't hatch into a fact!

          Fran

        • rollietaylor@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
            The fact that William Anderson patented land in Brown County in 1859, and then appears on the GLO property owners map dated 1863, and is listed as a new taxpayer in Brown County in 1863 shows that he was not in Missouri in 1864 when William T. "Bloody Bill" Anderson was killed.

            Yes, I agree that map proved what Anderson family researchers have said about the family coming to TX, then some of them returned to MO for a short time, before returning to TX permanently.

            As for WCA's death certificate, evidently there never was one issued, or recorded. From our files:

            TX Death Index page without WC Anderson.png
            TX Death Index page showing page where WC Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate was issued in that name

            TX Death Index page without William Anderson.png
            TX Death Index page showing where William Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate were issued in that name.

            TX Death Index page without William C Anderson.png
            TX Death Index showing page where William C Anderson would be listed alphabetically if a death certificate was issued in that name. A check of other possible names for WC Anderson included Bill, Billy, W, WC, Will, Willie, Willy, with none found to be William Columbus Anderson.

            A rumor that the death certificate was stolen didn't hatch into a fact!

            Fran

            --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@...> wrote:

            > I can't imagine finding anything better than the Brown County 1859 abstract map! It would be great to find a death certificate but so far I know of 3 Brown County relatives that died in 1927, Uncle Bill included in the three, that appear not to have death certificates around. So, I don't expect to ever find one. There must have been a mouse at the office of whomever did the death certificates for the county back then.

          • Just Old Clay
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
              It is beyond me why anyone would work so hard to try and prove a relationship to Bloody Bill Anderson. The man was a deranged psychopath, mass murderer, not unlike Charles Manson, Ted Bundy or other such animals. He was not a hero of the South, only a two bit horse thief that took advantage of the Civil War to commit murder and mayhem to satisfy a sick mind.