New Member Welcome

  • franbolton
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4 5:51 PM
      Welcome to our new member as of Jan 30.
      I will invite him to introduce himself, tell us his interest in our group and how he found us in our little corner of the Internet.
      I'd like to tell him to not be afraid we are a ghost town, we are just active in other areas, and behind the scenes.
      As we uncover and discover new info on the life and times of William T "Bloody Bill" Anderson and William C "Uncle Billy" Anderson who some confuse as one, we add it to our files.
      where the research into William C Anderson's family history is taken several steps futher. And backward!

      Fran
    • Sally Goodson
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4 5:58 PM
        Please forgive me if I am wrong, but was it here that we were told it was disrespectful to call William Columbus Anderson "Uncle Billie?" I'm asking because this weekend an obituary for Lovenia Harwell Anderson was located. She was wife of William and Martha Anderson's second son, Moses George Anderson. Her 1945 Brownwood obituary mentions she was the daughter-in-law of Uncle Billie Anderson. So, I guess even the folks of Brownwood called him Uncle Billie, too.

        Several members here also belong to http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/the_ noble_anderson_ tree/

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9 11:56 PM
          Sally, one person's personal feelings. Every family that I know of has uncles, and a lot of Williams are called Uncle Bill or Uncle Billie, or Uncle Willie. Nicknames in families are typically used with affection. As we did.

          Fran