Shy members!

  • Fran Bolton
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2009
      Welcome to our newest member William. Don't be shy about asking for any help with our files that you may need.
      Also, please give some input as to what you found helpful.
      FRAN BOLTON
    • Sally Goodson
      Message 2 of 16 , May 1, 2009
        I hope our new members can offer up some interesting conversations.

        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2009
          LOL, Sally, are you saying we are boring here? Our files and subfiles tell the story we have put together. We always have room for more that new members may have to contribute. And we are ever vigilant for new info to add ourselves, as icing on the cake, so to speak. Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@...> wrote:

          > I hope our new members can offer up some interesting conversations.

        • Sally Goodson
          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2009
            I enjoy all the emails and information we all share via private email. Its a treasure.

            I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to join in. I love reading about good research and new information.

            I am always in awe of what Gay finds, you turn up, and Glynda already knows........and how Clay and Rollie sort it out...........and explain it to me in single syllable words.

            LOL, Sally, are you saying we are boring here? Our files and subfiles tell the story we have put together. We always have room for more that new members may have to contribute. And we are ever vigilant for new info to add ourselves, as icing on the cake, so to speak. Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySo lvedGroup@ yahoogroups. com, Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@ ...> wrote:

            > I hope our new members can offer up some interesting conversations.

          • Fran Bolton
            Message 5 of 16 , May 1, 2009
              With all the info Glynda has gathered over the years on Jesse James, she should write a book! Could call it "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about JJ, but Didn't Know Who to Ask".
              There once was an outlaw named James,
              Said to have used a few alias names.
              To his rescue rides Glynda
              Who states her agenda
              Is to give him his own proper fame!
              Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@...> wrote:

              > I enjoy all the emails and information we all share via private email. Its a treasure.
              >
              > I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to join in. I love reading about good research and new information.
              >
              > I am always in awe of what Gay finds, you turn up, and Glynda already knows........and how Clay and Rollie sort it out...........and explain it to me in single syllable words.

            • Sally Goodson
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2009
                Wonderful wonderful.

                With all the info Glynda has gathered over the years on Jesse James, she should write a book! Could call it "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about JJ, but Didn't Know Who to Ask".
                There once was an outlaw named James,
                Said to have used a few alias names.
                To his rescue rides Glynda
                Who states her agenda
                Is to give him his own proper fame!
                Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySo lvedGroup@ yahoogroups. com, Sally Goodson <sallyfromhouston@ ...> wrote:

                > I enjoy all the emails and information we all share via private email. Its a treasure.
                >
                > I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to join in. I love reading about good research and new information.
                >
                > I am always in awe of what Gay finds, you turn up, and Glynda already knows....... .and how Clay and Rollie sort it out......... ..and explain it to me in single syllable words.

              • gly_nda
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2009

                  I have not been here for a while and thought that this may be of interest to the Stone County, Mo. Family of William C Anderson.....

                  A great web site.....just search for Anderson.....Meeks etc.....

                  http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostone/stone.htm

                  The census is great.....and all the photo's  etc......Of course I am from Samuel Anderson and Mary McKinsie, the Uncle of William C. Anderson.

                  Glynda

                • bobjames06@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2, 2009
                    Hello Glynda,
                    I have been reading Laura James book part of today. I still have to get back and read the three days of Frank James Trial that you sent me. I'm about half way in it.
                    It has been a wet day here. How was it there?
                    Bob.
                    I have not been here for a while and thought that this may be of interest to the Stone County, Mo. Family of William C Anderson.....

                    A great web site.....just search for Anderson.....Meeks etc.....

                    http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostone/stone.htm

                    The census is great.....and all the photo's  etc......Of course I am from Samuel Anderson and Mary McKinsie, the Uncle of William C. Anderson.

                    Glynda

                    --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fran Bolton" <Jfrbol@...> wrote:

                    > With all the info Glynda has gathered over the years on Jesse James, she should write a book! Could call it "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about JJ, but Didn't Know Who to Ask".
                    > There once was an outlaw named James,
                    > Said to have used a few alias names.
                    > To his rescue rides Glynda
                    > Who states her agenda
                    > Is to give him his own proper fame!
                    > Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sally Goodson sallyfromhouston@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I enjoy all the emails and information we all share via private email. Its a treasure.
                    > >
                    > > I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to join in. I love reading about good research and new information.
                    > >
                    > > I am always in awe of what Gay finds, you turn up, and Glynda already knows........and how Clay and Rollie sort it out...........and explain it to me in single syllable words.

                  • Fran Bolton
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 3, 2009
                      In order to identify a person in history that may be confused with another of a similar name, one needs to look no further, in most cases, that each of those person's own family's history. Having many individuals with the same documentation of family connections is more effective than simply saying those connections exist, but not showing how they do. That is what that site Glynda gave a link to does, and what we do here, provide the actual document to go with the research.
                      Fran --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "gly_nda" <gly_nda@...> wrote:

                      > I have not been here for a while and thought that this may be of
                      > interest to the Stone County, Mo. Family of William C Anderson.....
                      >
                      > A great web site.....just search for Anderson.....Meeks etc.....
                      >

                      > http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostone/stone.htm
                      > <http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mostone/stone.htm>
                      >

                      > The census is great.....and all the photo's etc......Of course I am
                      > from Samuel Anderson and Mary McKinsie, the Uncle of William C.
                      > Anderson.
                      >
                      > Glynda

                      > --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Fran Bolton"
                      > <Jfrbol@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > With all the info Glynda has gathered over the years on Jesse James,
                      > she should write a book! Could call it "Everything You Always Wanted to
                      > Know about JJ, but Didn't Know Who to Ask".
                      > > There once was an outlaw named James,
                      > > Said to have used a few alias names.
                      > > To his rescue rides Glynda
                      > > Who states her agenda
                      > > Is to give him his own proper fame!
                      > > Fran--- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, Sally Goodson
                      > sallyfromhouston@ wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I enjoy all the emails and information we all share via private
                      > email. Its a treasure.
                      > > >
                      > > > I just wanted to encourage anyone reading this to join in. I love
                      > reading about good research and new information.
                      > > >
                      > > > I am always in awe of what Gay finds, you turn up, and Glynda
                      > already knows........and how Clay and Rollie sort it out...........and
                      > explain it to me in single syllable words.

                    • Fran Bolton
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 3, 2009
                        Hi Bob, Gypsy Wanderer! Is the wet stuff still WHITE?
                        We work in spurts on here, LIFE comes first!
                        Having just the one subject as this group's purpose can be slow in uncovering something new at times.
                        What we have placed in our files is the story of the two Bills lives and families, but as we continue to discover everyday incidents in their lives, we will add them to our file base also.
                        Fran
                        --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, bobjames06@... wrote:

                        > Hello Glynda,
                        > I have been reading Laura James book part of today. I still have to get back and read the three days of Frank James Trial that you sent me. I'm about half way in it.
                        > It has been a wet day here. How was it there?
                        > Bob.

                      • Sally G.
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 3, 2009
                          I just want to point out to new members or anyone that comes upon these messages who are not familiar with the two William Andersons discussed here.............The William Columbus Anderson Glynda mentions is not Bloody Bill. William Columbus Anderson is a gentleman from Stone County, Missouri (family farm still in the family) who moved to Brown County, Texas in the early 1860's to escape some serious trouble he got into. He is not the William "Bloody Bill" Anderson who was a leader spawned out of the Quantrill Raiders.

                        • Fran Bolton
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 4, 2009
                            Without a complete search of all available documentation, it is very easy to understand why the two William Andersons discussed here could be believed to be one and the same. Not everyone has access to the available documentation, if they have a desire to learn if they were or were not.
                            Our mission accomplished, as told on the homepage, tells what members will have access to in our files, to show beyond question the two William Andersons were not one man:
                            "This was accomplished by identifying and following the two William Andersons, with their respective families and their migrations, using PRIMARY documents and records, made at the time the event took place in history. These documents and records include census images, probate records, land records, tax records, marriage certificates, death certificates, newspaper stories reporting the death of Bloody Bill's family members, and records of his own death."
                            These documents and records cannot be seen in our messages, they are contributed here in our files and subfiles in their original record form, not in a descriptive statement simply referred to in a message, leaving one to wonder what proof exists to verify that statement.
                            Again, without a complete search of all available documentation, it is very easy to understand why the two could be believed to be one and the same.
                            Some have made the decision to make that search, some have not.
                            Fran

                          • bobjames06@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 5, 2009
                              Hello Fran, Sally and Glynda,
                              Yes, I agree with you and Glynda writing a book. But I think that all of you should have a part of it.
                              Some type of Co-Authorship of most of the material that is now on this Blood Bill Mystery Solved Group.

                              I just finished Laura James book: "The Love Pirate and the Bandit's Son" and found it very intriguing
                              for a Who Done It story that is still not solved.

                              "Strike It while the branding iron is still hot!" is what the old Gypsy Wandering Cowboy would say!.
                              "A maverick calf is worth a days pay!"

                              Bob James.

                              Hi Bob, Gypsy Wanderer! Is the wet stuff still WHITE?
                              We work in spurts on here, LIFE comes first!
                              Having just the one subject as this group's purpose can be slow in uncovering something new at times.
                              What we have placed in our files is the story of the two Bills lives and families, but as we continue to discover everyday incidents in their lives, we will add them to our file base also.
                              Fran
                              --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, bobjames06@... wrote:

                              > Hello Glynda,
                              > I have been reading Laura James book part of today. I still have to get back and read the three days of Frank James Trial that you sent me. I'm about half way in it.
                              > It has been a wet day here. How was it there?
                              > Bob.

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                  mailto:BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  mailto:BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • gly_nda
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 7, 2009
                                Here is another bit of Classic Cowboy Wisdom,

                                "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool
                                from any direction ."

                                Be sure and check out the James gen forum .......

                                Glynda

                                wrote:

                                > Hello Fran, Sally and Glynda,
                                > Yes, I agree with you and Glynda writing a book. But I think that all
                                of you should have a part of it.
                                > Some type of Co-Authorship of most of the material that is now on this
                                Blood Bill Mystery Solved Group.

                                > I just finished Laura James book: "The Love Pirate and the Bandit's
                                Son" and found it very intriguing
                                > for a Who Done It story that is still not solved.
                                >
                                > "Strike It while the branding iron is still hot!" is what the old
                                Gypsy Wandering Cowboy would say!.
                                > "A maverick calf is worth a days pay!"
                                >
                                > Bob James.

                              • Fran Bolton
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 3, 2009
                                  Genforum is one of the best forums,layout wise,it has the easiest message design of any I have seen.
                                  Jesse James was closely associated with Bloody Bill during their short lives. The fact that people today have been handed down stories through their families that they were kin to them has kept more than one forum busy with pros and cons of the stories!
                                  Even when they ask for, and are given the proof they seek as to whether or not those stores can be true, some choose to deny the proof. While denying that proof, they resort to rudeness to say the least. Why does it have to be:
                                  1.Ask for proof
                                  2.Deny the proof
                                  3.Be as ugly as you can during denial
                                  I, for one, hate to see the ugly ones have their say, they show they have a lot of experience in treating others with rudeness and ugliness, and no shame about their words being read by many. Thankfully however, they are in the minority. On one particular forum, I was told to overlook one consistently rude and downright ugly poster because "that is just the way she is". My opinion is that when you deal with people, you are dealing with their personality, so I guess she really can't be pretend to be any different.
                                  Sometimes all it takes is one person's knowledge of a document or record to give those truth seekers their answer. Sometimes it takes the family history to prove it cannot be true, no matter how wishful one is that is is true.
                                  Grandmothers don't lie, Grandfathers don't tell tall tales, they simply repeat what has been shared with them by their elders, whether it was right or wrong they had no way to determine. They didn't question.
                                  Today, we do, and we do.
                                  FRAN BOLTON--- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, "gly_nda" <gly_nda@...> wrote:

                                  > Here is another bit of Classic Cowboy Wisdom,
                                  >
                                  > "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool
                                  > from any direction ."
                                  >
                                  > Be sure and check out the James gen forum .......
                                  >
                                  > Glynda
                                  >

                                  > --- In BloodyBillMysterySolvedGroup@yahoogroups.com, bobjames06@
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hello Fran, Sally and Glynda,
                                  > > Yes, I agree with you and Glynda writing a book. But I think that all
                                  > of you should have a part of it.
                                  > > Some type of Co-Authorship of most of the material that is now on this
                                  > Blood Bill Mystery Solved Group.
                                  > >
                                  > > I just finished Laura James book: "The Love Pirate and the Bandit's
                                  > Son" and found it very intriguing
                                  > > for a Who Done It story that is still not solved.
                                  > >
                                  > > "Strike It while the branding iron is still hot!" is what the old
                                  > Gypsy Wandering Cowboy would say!.
                                  > > "A maverick calf is worth a days pay!"
                                  > >
                                  > > Bob James.

                                • Clay Riley
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 4, 2009
                                    I agree whole heartily with your description of some individuals as being in complete denial of the truth, when it does not fit their "story".
                                    I have been referred to by some individuals as a "black sheep historian" for the county in which I live. I guess they could be right if you consider this definition;

                                    - "In psychology, a black sheep is the member of a rigidly triangulated family who holds the rest tightly together by being identified as the bad/sick/deviant one who causes all the family problems. In this situation, the rule enforcer in the family is charged with the job of controlling the black sheep from revealing the family secrets. The black sheep is seen as an outsider, but only because he is a teller of truth."

                                    In this case, the family being the community I live in. I have no personal family history within this county. I simply live here, enjoy the rich history and study it's place within the total fabric of an earlier time. Because, I prove this history with documentation or evidence or doubt it because of  lack of the same, I am perceived "as an outsider, but only because I am a teller of truth."

                                    Sorry, but the truth is history and history is the truth,   whether we like it or not.

                                    Clay
                                    A Black Sheep Historian, for Brown County, Texas