UK Deep Purple / Rainbow / Blackmores Night Tribute Bands: February/March 2008 Gig List etc

  • black-knight@tiscali.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008

      UK Deep Purple/Rainbow/Blackmores Night Tribute Bands: February/March 2008 Gig List etc

      24 CARAT PURPLE

      2008 will be the 40th anniversary of the formation of Deep Purple.  We're planning a few shows specifically to celebrate this major milestone in the history of one of rock music's most influential bands.

      Keep an eye on our site for dates in 2008, but if anyone knows any venues that may be suitable for such a show, please feel free to drop us a line.

      Band website: http://www.myspace.com/24caratpurple and http://www.24caratpurple.co.uk/

      Band Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/UK24caratpurple ,

      DEEPLY PURPLE

      Saturday 8th March, The Ferdinand Suite, Hayes FC, Church Road, Hayes
      Saturday 15th March, The Cheese and Grain Market Yard, Frome, Somerset

      Band website: http://www.myspace.com/deeply_purple or http://www.deeplypurple.com

      Band Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DeepPurpleTribute

      PURE PURPLE

      Saturday 2nd February, 20.00hrs, The Chestnut Tree, Sheldon, Birmingham
      Saturday 9th February, 20.00hrs, Hotel California, Tranmere, Wirral, NW England
      Saturday 16th February 21.00hrs, Sawyers, Kettering, Midlands

      Thursday 6th March, Thorns Inn, 174 Thorn Road, Quarry Bank, West Midlands, DY5 2JK

      Saturday 29th March, The Rock, Torquay

      Band website: http://www.myspace.com/purepurplerock

      Band Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/buggeroff58

      PURPLE

      Sunday 23rd March, Earls, Earl Street, Maidstone

      Saturday 19th April - The Railway, Ipswich

      Band website: http://www.purple-online.co.uk/index1.htm

      TASTE OF PURPLE

      Friday 15 February, The Robin 2, Bilston, Wolverhampton

      Sunday 16 March, The Horseshoe Inn, 36 Sheep Street, WELLINGBOROUGH

      Friday 28 March 2008, The Bullington Arms, 162 Cowley Road, Oxford

      Band website: http://www.myspace.com/tasteofpurple or http://www.tasteofpurple.co.uk/Home.htm

      Band Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Guitardudeuk666

      THE PURPLE PROJECT (Classic Deep Purple)

      Thursday 28th February, Rivermead Leisure Centre, Richfield Avenue

      Reading 'ROCK OF AGES'. http://www.drumwright.co.uk/store/category.asp?CategoryID=81

      The Purple project will be opening the show for all the other bands appearing at this prestigious event!

      Band website: http://www.myspace.com/purpleproject or http://www.classicpurple.com/

      RAINBOW RISING

      Friday 14th March, The transport Club, Rochdale

      Friday 28th March, Robin 2, Wolverhamptom (with WHITESNAKE UK http://www.whitesnakeuk.com/

      Friday 18th April, RAINBOW RISING, The Flowerpot, Derby (Confirmed. To be added to website!)

      Band website: http://www.rainbowrising.net/ and myspace: http://www.myspace.com/rainbowthetribute

      Band Youtube videos:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq1_IzwTB3k , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjIxt1prd4 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgK8Lk9F6eg

      BURN (Classic Rock Covers Band; not just Deep Purple)

      Saturday 23rd February, Bel Vue, High Wycombe

      Saturday 1st March, The Red Lion, Langley

      Friday 7th March, The  Rising Sun, Slough ( 9:45pm start)

      BURN website: http://www.burn-rock.co.uk/

      Female Vocalist (London) seeks a local BLACKMORES NIGHT tribute band to join?

      See the myspace (and demos) of Laura at:

      http://www.myspace.com/violet0moon

      BLACKMORES NIGHT Tribute Band (Brighton, UK): Female vocalist required

      (Reposted on behalf of Martin):

      Hi. I'm Martin (52), play guitar, done all the rocky stuff over the years and now find I really enjoy the music of 'Blackmore's Night'. So I really need a female singer who also loves the songs and would like to try singing them. (Music is Medieval Folk/Rock look them up on youtube
      http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blackmore%27s+night&search=Search or Google them)

      Start as a duo; then maybe work up slowly to a full tribute band. Would be nice to play a few quiet pubs of a Sunday afternoon and take it from there. If you also play the Flute, Fiddle, Tin Whistle, percussion, or similar; that would be great but not essential. Interested? Then drop me a line.

      I'd also like to hear from any other musicians that would like to be involved at the full band stage. Fiddle/Flute/Guitar-Acoustic and Electric/Bass/Keys/Drums/Percussion/Bagpipes and anything else you can think of.  The idea is to get a varied bunch of Minstrels together to try and avoid the unreliable "sorry I can't make the rehearsal/gig tonight as my cat has died" problem that always seems to occur when forming a band. So some combination can always play. Well that is the idea; sounds good on paper!

      Bye for now.
      Your humble Court Jester

      Martin martin.tricia@...

      Get up to £150 by recycling your old mobile - visit www.tiscali.co.uk/recycle