Re: KEN SPARNON's BLACKMORES NIGHT forum five board

  • mikeytull
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
      Personally I hate forums. They tend to end up having too many
      threads and I when I log on I basically can't be bothered to wade
      through the threads trying to find out which one is important to me.

      This Yahoo group works very well for me as it is geared up totally
      for us and is something that I am used to and regularly look at
      (daily). Things need to be kept simple and a lot of us folks are not
      computer technophobes, we just want to receive information in the
      easiest way possible and to be able to ask questions just as easily.
      BN-UK-Street Team @ Yahoo does just that for me.

      Additionally please do not let us end up going down the road of My
      Space and Face Book or whatever else that might turn up in the
      future. Keep it to one easily accessible area and stick with it.

      Just my thoughts

      Michael

      --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, "black-
      knight@..." <black-knight@...> wrote:

      > http://blackmoresnight.forum5.com/index.php
      >

      > I am just drawing attention to Ken's Forum Five board. He is
      prepared to let the Street Team "try out the idea of a Forum board"
      on there (as a kind of experiment), if people want to. He has set up
      a relevant section.

      > I do not know what people feel about this. Is there a lot of
      takers for this idea?

      > I shall leave the debate open, as I have said what I can, tonight.
      >

      > Mike G

      > Exclusive discounts on Norton Security from Tiscali
      http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/securepc

    • Haydn Corelli
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
        >BN-UK-Street Team @ Yahoo does just that for me.

        We are glad to hear that!

        >Additionally please do not let us end up going down the road of My
        >Space and Face Book or whatever else that might turn up in the
        >future. Keep it to one easily accessible area and stick with it.

        Any expansions into the world of myspace and facebook, will have nothing to
        do with the Yahoo board. The yahoo board fills a role, and will for now
        remain the primary source of information. We may look at other ways of
        getting info out, but we would never remove the core function of the Yahoo
        board.

        As you said some people are not computer literate, and a party only walks up
        a mountain at the pace of it's slowest member.

        >Just my thoughts
        And much appreciated, thank you.

        kev

        Can you link the celebs? Play Celebrity Separation to win prizes!
        http://www.celebrityseparation.com
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
          --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, "mikeytull"
          <hurst@...> wrote:

          > Personally I hate forums. They tend to end up having too many
          > threads and I when I log on I basically can't be bothered to wade
          > through the threads trying to find out which one is important to me.

          > Just my thoughts
          >
          > Michael

          Now usually i would disagree with you there,as i co-admin a Deep Purple
          forum. I usually can keep up with the various threads.
          But !! I agree that this is the best way for the BN Street Team, as it
          is focused on only one thing...promoting and raising the profile of the
          band and the music.

          Steve
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2007
            <hurst@...> wrote:

            > Personally I hate forums. They tend to end up having too many
            > threads and I when I log on I basically can't be bothered to wade
            > through the threads trying to find out which one is important to me.

            > Just my thoughts
            >
            > Michael

            Now usually i would disagree with you there,as i co-admin a Deep Purple
            forum. I usually can keep up with the various threads.
            But !! I agree that this is the best way for the BN Street Team, as it
            is focused on only one thing...promoting and raising the profile of the
            band and the music.

            Steve
          • rachel barrett
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2007
              Can I just add to that by saying if somethings not broke, don't fix it. I dislike forums but am involved with many boards which I find easy to use and access. Keep up the good work guys.
              Rach
              xxx

              Haydn Corelli <haydncorelli@...> wrote:
              >BN-UK-Street Team @ Yahoo does just that for me.

              We are glad to hear that!

              >Additionally please do not let us end up going down the road of My
              >Space and Face Book or whatever else that might turn up in the
              >future. Keep it to one easily accessible area and stick with it.

              Any expansions into the world of myspace and facebook, will have nothing to
              do with the Yahoo board. The yahoo board fills a role, and will for now
              remain the primary source of information. We may look at other ways of
              getting info out, but we would never remove the core function of the Yahoo
              board.

              As you said some people are not computer literate, and a party only walks up
              a mountain at the pace of it's slowest member.

              >Just my thoughts
              And much appreciated, thank you.

              kev

              Can you link the celebs? Play Celebrity Separation to win prizes!
              http://www.celebrit yseparation. com

            • purple_67_65
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2007
                I detest boards like Yahoo.............much prefer forums......much
                easier to use and much better organised/lay out.

                Only use boards such as this as a needs must!!!!!

                --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, rachel