Re: [Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team] UK Shows

  • Cindy Toth
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
      Sure thing, Kev. I'll have a look and let you all know what's good. Soooo excited!! Really can't wait! :)

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
        Yes, Buxton tickets arrived a few weeks ago.

        --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, "haydn" <haydncorelli@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the feedback regarding the shows. Thankfully most people have decent seats, though the York tickets are still causing a few problems. Anyone got Buxton tickets yet? Mine are not here yet.
        >
        > York meet up will be The Lowther as usual, plenty of space between the pub and the river. Lots of good eating places nearby, I recomend the Italian opposite the theatre, good quality and not expensive.
        >
        > Buxton meet up is the pub next to the venue, the usual place. Food and such like in Buxton is a bit limited, there is a nice cafe that does a great fish and chips, it's on the high street.
        >
        > Birmingham, there is a pub round the back of the theatre where we went last time. Food wise, there is a weatherspoons not far away.
        >
        > The other two shows I have no idea about. Cindy if you have any ideas then let us know.
        >
        > More details in a couple of days.
        >
        > Kev

      • william wallice
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
          Hi  there,been away so long ,and iv been missing all the good thing bout the band,any chance of they coming to Cardiff ? Last time they came here,and that was excellent St,Davids was ans still is a good venue .
          Will

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
            Will, nice to hear from you again. Sorry no dates outside England on this tour. Nearest one to you is probably Salisbury on 8th October. Should be a few tickets available. Full details of the five English dates can be found here.

            http://www.blackmoresnight.com/tour_info.html

            kev
          • Cindy Toth
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
              To be honest, Swindon might be easier to get to from Cardiff. Salisbury isn't exactly well connected to the main roads whereas Swindon is right on the M4. :)

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 11, 2011
                Cindy thinks Swindon might be better for you Will.
              • Cindy Toth
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                  How does this place look for Salisbury? Seems like it could really set the theme for the evening!

                  http://www.haunchofvenison.uk.com/hov-history.htm

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                    That looks splendid. Wish I was going now.

                    --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Toth <cindytoth@...> wrote:

                    > How does this place look for Salisbury? Seems like it could really set the theme for the evening!
                    >

                    > http://www.haunchofvenison.uk.com/hov-history.htm
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Cindy Toth
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                      Ok, so The Haunch it is for Salisbury!

                      Not doing so well with Swindon though. Seems the only thing nearby that is purely a pub and not trying to be a posh restaurant as well is a Wetherspoons called The Savoy. Well, the beer would be cheap at least...what do you guys think?

                      That looks splendid. Wish I was going now.

                      --- In Blackmores-Night-UK-Street-Team@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Toth <cindytoth@...> wrote:

                      > How does this place look for Salisbury? Seems like it could really set the theme for the evening!
                      >

                      > http://www.haunchofvenison.uk.com/hov-history.htm

                    • haydn
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                        Weatherspoons option, at least they do food, always a plus side, especially when it comes to breakfast the next morning.